Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: In the water at last

In the water at last 13 years 5 months ago #18214

Project completed. Purchased in March of 2009. This boat handles like a dream!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:In the water at last 13 years 5 months ago #18217

Nice looking boat. Good work! What make and year is it?

Re:In the water at last 13 years 5 months ago #18220

Thanks. This is a typical barn find, having been lived in by a variety of animals. It had been in the barn where I found it since 1973. The finish was a mess of course, the bottom alone required 1 1/2 gallons of paint remover. Everything on the boat is original with the exception of the rubber molding on the windshield and the upholstery. The boat appears to have been a kit, maybe made by U.S. Molded Shapes in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm not sure what kind of boat it is, but I have had Yellow Jackets in the past the the hull sure resembles a Yellow Jacket, both in looks and dimensions.

Re:In the water at last 13 years 5 months ago #18223

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
She's beautiful, PT, nice work! Interesting helm position, don't think I've seen one like that.

Mark

Re:In the water at last 13 years 5 months ago #18225

Beautiful boat, great job! I guess with that helm position, only short peopl in the middle up front. :laugh:

Bob

Re:In the water at last 13 years 5 months ago #18226

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Great P.T. Cruiser :.!! You have my vote.. Had a 48 Lyman rear steer , barn find before along the Hudson river, but it found another collector.

. How about another pic of the rear engine Merc / Handles & rear seat area. Seems like a lot of levers going on there ..??
CONGRATS , well done .

Re:In the water at last 13 years 5 months ago #18265

Boat is set up to accomodate several 4-cylinder Mercurys including a Mark 30, Mark 55, Mark 58 as well as the KG9. KG9 will use the dead-man's throttle as shown. Will put Mercury two-lever throttle on right side when needed for other engines. Originial KG9 tiller handle was designed as a dead-man's throttle. Wanted to keep the engine original as found, so left the tiller handle on. Boat is only 12' 4", and with three decks, the cockpits are small. Put steering in middle so it would be easy to lean which ever way the left hand turning or right hand turning engines required.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7766 guests and no members online