• Page:

TOPIC: Keller Kraft?

Keller Kraft? 13 years 9 months ago #10845

• retro54
  • retro54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Found this Keller Kraft... does anyone know anything about this company or this model of boat? I haven't had time to do research yet, just throwing this out there for any information anyone might have. In any event, it's seems like a cool boat!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Keller Kraft? 13 years 9 months ago #10866

• retro54
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Did some research and came up with this... pretty neat boat when seen in person!

Keller Marine & RV – Three generations of Kellers
Flanders Keller started in the boat business in 1952 building 14′ to 22′ Keller Kraft wood boats patterned after the Chris Craft boats of those years. He continued to build boats until 1959 when he saw that fiberglass was the wave of the future in boat building. Up to that time, he had built 2,000 wood boats.

Flanders’ son, George Keller, and his wife, Margaret, then started Keller Marine Service in Port Trevorton, Pennsylvania, in 1958. George knew that the service level on parts and accessories was sorely lacking in his area. So he went into the parts business and based his business strategy on service, hence the name, Keller Marine Service. He bought a Suburban van, loaded it with parts and accessories, and started driving around calling on boat dealers. The business got great support from the dealer network and Keller’s growth began. Then in 1968 at the urging of Starcraft Boats Keller Marine entered the recreational vehicle business. The RV dealers also supported Keller, and that led to steady growth in the RV business. George and Margaret retired from the company in 1991 and turned the business over to the third generation.

Today the company, now named Keller Marine & RV, is run by a third generation management team, which includes two of George and Margaret Keller’s children. Mike Keller serves as company President, and Lori (Keller) Morrow is Secretary/Treasurer. Keller services about 1,000 independent marine & RV dealers in the Mid-Atlantic and New England states. Service is still the buzzword at Keller and it is what continues to separate Keller Marine & RV from its competition. Mike Keller has been a good friend of mine for years and also spoke at the IMTEC seminar I mentioned earlier.

Re:Keller Kraft? 13 years 9 months ago #10915

• retro54
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
UPDATE***

Ok, so this boat was in an auction across the river from Harrisburg, and I went to make sure it didn't go so cheap that it would get cut up (I was really more interested in the motor)... thankfully it didn't... and some poor auctioneering and a phone in bid sold the boat and trailer together for $290... the motor went for $75 which was the ceiling of what I was going to pay... both went to the phone bidder and I hope he has fun with them... this boat was very solid and looked to be usable as is... and the trailer was sweet too, with coil springs as well as tube-shocks... eveything was well taken car of and looked as if they had been in the garage for the last 25-30 years...

Ohh well, someone got a good buy, I had some entertainment, and another boat and motor is hopefully saved from the junk man.. cheers!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)