Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cost to ship small trailer?

Cost to ship small trailer? 3 years 11 months ago #98329

Hello, I figured I'd make my first post on something I've been pondering on lately. I found a trailer in Wisconsin that I really like, but I'm in Colorado. There lies the problem. I need to figure the cost of shipping it here to get an idea if it was really do-able. Thanks for any help.

Eratix

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Cost to ship small trailer? 3 years 11 months ago #98330

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 0
Welcome aboard Eratix. You might try something like throwing a bid offer out on www.uship.com and see what happens. To send it commercial carrier (truck line) would be cost prohibitive, but if you're not in a big hurry it could be included in a partial load going that way?

I've been known to make overnight road trips to score good deals, but I hate it when the "best sweet deals" just soooooo far away!

Mark

Re:Cost to ship small trailer? 3 years 11 months ago #98337

I agree. Old boats and trailers seem to be plentiful... Just not where I'm at. Every once and a while you'll get something good though. I ended up getting a 1950 Gator with my Starcraft.

Eratix

Re:Cost to ship small trailer? 3 years 11 months ago #98343

Here is another idea for getting your trailer to Colorado. I bet there are several people in Wisconsin making a trip west before the snow flys. They might just tow a trailer for you. Especially if it has working lights and good tires. Give them some money for gas and everyone wins.
Ron

Re:Cost to ship small trailer? 3 years 11 months ago #98363

Rail maybe an option, a friend shipped a 50's Chevy truck from upper Ohio to Houston via railroad....

Re:Cost to ship small trailer? 3 years 11 months ago #98391

How did he go about that? that may be semi-low cost.

I tried UShip, so far no bids have been placed.

Eratix

Re:Cost to ship small trailer? 3 years 11 months ago #98397

He just contacted railway shippers near the seller. Then arranged for the seller to drop it off, he may have also had the mechanic he paid to give it a buyers inspection help w/ dropping it off at a rail yard. When it got to Houston he just had to go the the terminal w/ a trailer and prove it was his.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Free mfg gypsy star 1977 17 "
( / Boats)

Free mfg gypsy star 1977 17 "
07-21-2018

7-1/2 Hp Johnson