Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: hello all -- need a little help with this trailer!

hello all -- need a little help with this trailer! 9 years 9 months ago #97971

Want to say hello to everyone and say that this site is a wealth of info!!

Found an old trailer out at my family farm and my dad told me he acquired it from a friend of his many many years ago and it had been sitting out there asked him if i could have it for my kayaks, sure no problems would be happy to see it being put to use !!

I hauled it out and gave it a look over, I looked like a home made trailer but there was a data tag on it

Mastercraft SB100

The fenders were shot and i didnt need the rollers and winch so off it goes

Pulled it back home and got busy prepping it

Got most things primed and ready for paint

I have everything except the main tube painted a satin black

I'm on the hunt for the hat bushings for the springs and the axle but im just having a hard time locating them what came out of the springs are marked with HARRIS 850 and the axle bushings are stuck in there and i am trying to get them out

From what i remember when i took measurement ( Im at work ) the spring bushing length is 1.75" long for both sides( there were 2 bushings on each side - totla of 4 bushings ) and the hat diammeter is 0.869" inside spring diameter is 0.869" and the inside of the bushing is 0.499"

Next is the axel length I think it is 3 inches long and 1 inch in diameter it still has the 2 part hubs and they seem ok but i would rather put a 4 lug wheel and hub for the " just incase i have a flat " ( which i already have from a fathers day present ) but the hubs are about a half in to 3/4 in too long which sucks

Any one seen this kind of trailer or did a retrofit on the hubs

Thanks for the help

Chad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:hello all -- need a little help with this trailer! 9 years 9 months ago #97972

Have some more pictures

will have more later for your viewing pleasure!!!

Re:hello all -- need a little help with this trailer! 9 years 9 months ago #97986

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Chad, Welcome to the site. looks like you are heading in the right direction. There are some Master craft guy's on here so I am sure you will here from them as well.

Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:hello all -- need a little help with this trailer! 9 years 8 months ago #98150

I recently needed those same rubber bushings.
I found them at Husky Spring 2238 Terminal Rd Roseville, Minnesota. There number is. 612 234 4200

D

Re:hello all -- need a little help with this trailer! 9 years 8 months ago #99177

Herters59

thanks for the info ill have to track them down. Still working on the hubs and repainting this project.
I have so many little projects to work on I have to make the circle back to it
Thanks again for the info !!

Re:hello all -- need a little help with this trailer! 9 years 5 months ago #101977

Hello,
I am new here ...
Saw your work its great.Good Job :)

Re:hello all -- need a little help with this trailer! 9 years 5 months ago #101988

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Karen.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6763 guests and one member online