Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What brand is this trailer?

What brand is this trailer? 10 years 7 months ago #81473

This trailer was purchased as a replacement by my grandfather for the trailer that used to haul my Custom Craft around. He may or may not have bought it new. Painted over decals read Mastercraft but I can't find any info on MC trailers that old.. It is titled as a 1973 TENN trailer and was originally orange. Painted blue and black to match the Custom Craft

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What brand is this trailer? 10 years 7 months ago #81480

Mastercraft boat trailers were made in Mass. very early maker of boat trailers. NO connection at all with the MasterCraft boat line.

Might be some brochures in the Glassic Library here.

Andreas

Re:What brand is this trailer? 10 years 7 months ago #81489

Thanks, it looks like about a 1959 Mastercraft. The logo's looked like that and the fenders are the same along with the frame and rear keel setup is identical. The OG paint color is orange and not tan tho so it may be another year trailer..

One of the trailing arms is bent, is there a supplier for replacements? I know several of the old companies used this type of suspension ( transverse leaf )

Re:What brand is this trailer? 10 years 7 months ago #81515

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I had some success straightening one of the trailing arms on my Holsclaw trailer (similar design but with coil springs) Matt, but you have to be careful not to use too much pressure and collapse the tube! It still isn't perfect, but tracks fairly straight.

I suspect replacements would have to be fabricated out of some heavy wall tubing, a decent metal fab shop should be able to help with this if you don't have the tools and experience (I sure don't!) to do it yourself?

Mark

Re:What brand is this trailer? 10 years 7 months ago #81525

I never thought about building one from tubing. It would work if I could get it right.. I do have experience in metal fab, tho I have never done anything like this for a trailer, it would not be complex. Gonna strap it to a 2x4 first to see if it straightens

When I first saw that defect, I thought trailer replacement was the only way, but hopefully I can get it back in shape. It deff does track off quite a bit over bumps

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)