Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tee Nee trailer - newbee restoration questions

Tee Nee trailer - newbee restoration questions 10 years 8 months ago #81246

I'm going to strip and paint my (1956?) TeeNee trailer (S/N 73856) and have a bunch of questions
1) The original color of the trailer was yellow, but what color was the axle and the two braces that run from the axle to the main beam? I've seen posts of restores where they are done in yellow, as well as black. looking under the current paint for the original color,it almost appears it could have been red/brown primer.
2) the top of the fenders have a red plastic "pad" about 3"x8" - were these original, and what was the purpose?
3) there's a cable that runs from the center of the axle to a broken "lever" hanging up by the hitch. What is this, and what was the original setup at the trailer hitch?
4) It appears the crossbar at the back of the trailer with the lights is a poor add-on - is it a correct assumption that the original had no bracket for lights/license plate? What is the suggested or "best" way to add one on?

Thanks much for any help!
Dave
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Tee Nee trailer - newbee restoration questions 10 years 8 months ago #81249

Your is much different than mine. But I'm not sure you have the original fenders. Mine are the tear drop style and they were used up to 59 I believe. Mine is also a tilt model. My colors are not original. I just didn't want yellow. My wheels are not original. They were rusted so bad I considered them unsafe. Oh by the way,"WELCOME ABOARD"
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer - newbee restoration questions 10 years 8 months ago #81289

The cable was a feature that hooked to the bumper hitch ball. Then at the lake you could unhitch the trailer toung and swing the trailer to meet the drifting boat. I'm not sure I would have used the feature but it was there if you needed it.
Colorwise,, I think the chassis parts were black. But, I am sure no one will ding you yellow or black chassis.

Re:Tee Nee trailer - newbee restoration questions 10 years 8 months ago #81295

Maybe this helps. They look dark in this advertisement.
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer - newbee restoration questions 10 years 8 months ago #81857

You have a 57 -59 OB-50, the accompanying ad will answer your color questions.
I don't believe the pads to be original.
As pointed out the cable is the Tie-Tilt feature, the original hitch set up is also in the pic.
I believe the only light bar option offered is the one on my aqua colored Tee Nee. Seems to be a fairly rare option.
Hope this is helpful!

Cheers
Bill
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer - newbee restoration questions 10 years 8 months ago #81860

Thanks to all! Great information! It's good to see the brochure from barnickelbill - I thought the fenders were original, despite not having the "classic" shape. There are (what appear to be) the original Tee-Nee oval stickers on them under the newer coats of paint. Great information on the cable and colors too - I'll post photos when it's done.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6336 guests and no members online