Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where do I put the boat while the trailers redone?

Where do I put the boat while the trailers redone? 13 years 10 months ago #7743

• Amigoid
  • Amigoid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I can't put the boat on my yard (HOA would pitch a fit, the don't even like boats in driveways). Do you haul the boat to a boat storage place? Leaving it in the water is a non-option, as slip rental is more expensive that the boat, almost.

This is a long term question, as it won't happen until end of season anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Where do I put the boat while the trailers redone? 13 years 10 months ago #7752

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Not sure about out there in Colorado, but around here there are a lot of "self storage" rental places. You can rent and indoor area or space outside to store your boat. (I would highly recommend covering it if you do leave it outside.) The later would be cheaper, they get $10-$25 a month around here for outside boat storage.

Just make sure you use plenty of support to keep the hull well supported and off the ground, wood blocks or Styrofoam blocks work well.

Mark

Re:Where do I put the boat while the trailers redone? 13 years 10 months ago #7770

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
How long is it going to be off?? I've dealt with HOA's before... Find out what night the meeting is, then put it off the trailer on the next day. It'll be a month before the next meeting, where they'll vote about it, then come to you to 'make' you move it :)

Of course, if you want to stay on their good side, do the self-store thing. I build cradles for my boats for when I am working on them and/or the trailer- Sometimes it's a LOT easier to work on them when they are low to the ground-

The movers dollies allow me to move the boat around at will- They are cheapies from harbor freight, I think they're about $7 with a coupon... I use wood blocks when I don't need mobility. I use a BIG pry bar to lift the cradle on/off the dollies to the blocks.

My Custom Craft is sitting in the basement on a similar rig. They work pretty well. Being low to the ground, it's easy to load/unload them from a trailer!

-Andrew

Re: Where do I put the boat while the trailers redone? 13 years 10 months ago #7786

Depending on how long you need the space I might be able to help you when the time comes. I have space near Chatfield. Boats come and go - sometimes there's a slot.

Peter
in Denver

Re:Where do I put the boat while the trailers redone? 13 years 10 months ago #9456

Put it where you usually do.

Attachments:

Re:Where do I put the boat while the trailers redone? 13 years 10 months ago #9458

If you find a place to put on the ground. I use tires under the boat. I try and get the big one off the 4 wheelers and put one under each corner in the back and one up front under the keel. Its easy to get it off but a little harder to get it back on the trailer.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Where do I put the boat while the trailers redone? 13 years 10 months ago #9647

This is what I do. Here I have it on the trailer but I do the same thing boat only when I need to work on the trailer.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7572 guests and one member online