Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Holsclaw help needed

Holsclaw help needed 11 years 9 months ago #64831

My Tandem Axle Holclaw 1970's (3100lb towing capacity) is out from under the boat and I have removed most of the surface rust. I will need new springs and shocks all around. Can anyone point me in the right direction for these? The brake lines will need replaced as well as the Atwood master cylinder and wheel cylinders. Any thoughts about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dreams do become reality!

Re:Holsclaw help needed 11 years 9 months ago #64849

If you google "trailer springs" you will get lots of hits. I've had good luck with both etrailer, easternmarine and trailerpartsdepot. You need specific dimensions from your spring to get the right thing. Most all these web sites have measuring instructions. If it was me, I'd be getting new shackles and hardware too.

Is your coupler/actuator welded or bolted to the frame? If it's bolted, it's an easy fix - get a new one! If it's welded, maybe one of those websites for springs could help with specific parts.

Shocks on a lot of the Holsclaws are NAPA 555002 (compressed 8.625, extended 12.75) and the bolt kit is 650-1100 (5/8 bolt). Yours may or may not be the same. If they're different, you'll need specs to find a replacement.

Good luck!

Frank

Re:Holsclaw help needed 11 years 8 months ago #64967

Do you any places that work on trailers around who will sell you the right springs? We have a good one here we bought special springs at for a car hauler a few years back and guided us on getting what else he needed for being legal. I custom bend my own brake lines and it is easy and looks neater without all those spices fittings. You may be able to buy a kit for your trailer for custom fit. The kit for double flaring is not that expensive.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5905 guests and no members online