Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Almost done...

Almost done... 12 years 1 month ago #57666

Tightened up the brake assemblies, mounted the new wheels, fastened the deck down (this took the longest, trust me), installed the fenders, cleaned up. This time around using stainless everywhere I can, so ended up with silver fingers from Never Seize! Still need another piece of plywood down the middle. Will do that tomorrow. Carpet is ordered. Trailer should be done this week, ready to install boat!

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Almost done... 12 years 1 month ago #57689

Looks Awesome Frank, nicely done!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:Almost done... 12 years 1 month ago #57699

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I agree, lookin' great Frank! The Power Cat will be proud to ride on that baby, I think.

Mark

Re:Almost done... 12 years 1 month ago #57701

Thanks guys! Will be done later today, still working on our upper deck...

Frank

Now it's just carpet 12 years 1 month ago #57739

Came out okay. Looks different with a tongue at least 3' longer, really almost 4'. Can't wait to get the boat on it, winch post, and see if I can mount the spare on top of the tongue, instead of hanging off the side.

Attachments:

Re:Almost done... 12 years 1 month ago #57756

i love it frank,beautiful work buddy!

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Almost done... 12 years 1 month ago #57757

Thanks John, not much more to do, then will be interesting how my 3500# capacity boat trailer rolls down the road with my little Power Cat. I like this trailer because it allows the boat to ride low. Even though my boat is little it is wide!

I hope all is well with you. Enjoy the day sir!

Frank

Carpet on 12 years 4 weeks ago #57858

Needs trimming. Was gonna do it this a.m., but can't find my box cutter I just used yesterday. Grrrrr....

Attachments:

Re:Almost done... 12 years 4 weeks ago #57859

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks good!

I hate it when I cant finish something because I can't find my tools... Seems like I spend almost as much time trying to find tools as I do working some days!

-Andrew

Re:Almost done... 12 years 4 weeks ago #57865

Looks great!! Nice job..
Bob, We don't do tool inventory at shift change and before and after each job like we used to.

Re:Almost done... 12 years 4 weeks ago #57869

Thanks Andrew and Joe!

Andrew, because of this tool-finding problem, I made a very concerted effort over the winter (what there was of it...) to organize all my tools and hardware. It helps, except for that one item you need but can't find.

So I go in Home Depot to buy a new box cutter this a.m., go to the self-checkout register because none of the regular ones have cashiers, scan the box cutter and get prompted to scan my license! What's going on?!? Come to find out, NYS law prohibits certain ages from buying box cutters. Wonderful world we live in, or should I say state? I used to buy box cutters to work with balsa wood on models when I was a kid. Now your dad would have to go in and get it for you!

Frank

Re:Almost done... 12 years 4 weeks ago #57912

Frank, yep pretty pathetic isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The trailer is looking Awesome, I love it, great work buddy.

Bob

Re:Almost done... 12 years 4 weeks ago #57932

Thanks bob. Got it trimmed last night, and got the 14T back on it. By the time I was done, we ordered pizza out (first time I've done that in ages!), and crashed. Here's some pics of it trimmed and how I got the boat back on it. No big deal really, just need a couple chain hoists.

Boat is filthy, so tonight is cleaning time, and then I need to mount the jack plate on the motor, move the motor up to the boat and figure where the jack plate mounts with the cavitiation plate 2" below the hull. More fun!

For the trailer, I need to make new fender backs because the old ones don't fit anymore since I moved the fenders up to accomodate the larger diameter tires (went from 14 to 15"), need to mount the winch post, and need to mount a chain on the trailer tongue to an eye bolt to hold the bow eye back like I did on the other tongue I had. This 3-4' longer tongue will also allow me to mount the spare on top instead of to the side. I think it's all gonna work out just fine, just more time & $.

Frank

Re:Almost done... 12 years 3 weeks ago #57971

Simply outstanding!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:Almost done... 12 years 3 weeks ago #57973

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Lookin great Frank.
A 1350 and a six pack and you are ready for the lake! ;)
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Almost done... 12 years 3 weeks ago #57997

Thanks guys. Still more to do on the trailer. Need to get the winch on, and a front tie down for the bow. Need more stainless stuff for those things. Also need to cut out new fender backs and carpet them. Went from 14" to 15" tires, so needed to move the fenders up an inch, and the old back plates don't fit anymore. I want to get stainless safety chains (these: www.amazon.com/Seasense-Stainless-Safety-16-Feet-24-Inch/dp/B001P2T6U2 ). I need another wheel/tire combo for a spare, but they're $212.95 and have to wait a bit. Finally I have some issues with my brake install that need to be ironed out. I hope to get at some or most of this stuff this weekend except the safety chains and new wheel/tire spare.

The 1350 comes my way tomorrow, but it's a project and will take me some time to get together and ready for the boat. I hope to be posting some pics on the merc forum tomorrow sometime of what I end up getting.

Next is mounting the vintage power lift, wiring it, re-installing the trim cylinders and bleeding that system, and getting the 1000 back on. I got my hands full for a while...

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6636 guests and one member online