Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: lead paint

lead paint 13 years 11 months ago #5752

• torqgasm
  • torqgasm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just thought I would remind everyone when working on these old trailers the paint can contain lead,so remember to take all the precautions.I just painted my ceca 65 ish trailer and I checked it for lead and it tested positive.Just putten it out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:lead paint 13 years 11 months ago #5824

That's an excellent point - and one that is seldom discussed by restorers. Just about all durable paint used in the 50s and 60s was loaded with lead. You need to wear an approved respirator for lead, and take other precautions as well. Wash face & hands before smoking & eating. Don't wear lead contaminated clothing in the house, don't put it in with other laundry. Shower immediately after working with it. Keep the dust out of your eyes too, as lead will enter the body there as well.

The largest danger posed by lead is to children and the unborn.

Be very sure that the area where paint is removed will not be used by childern, mothers, or other unprotected persons. If you scrape or sand lead paint in your yard, the dirt will become contaminated, and can poison children. Little ones like to touch everything & they also like to put their fingers in their mouths. This same thing can happen by doing lead paint removal anywhere around the home. People, especially children, can get exposed & the damage to their organs may not show up for a long time.

This is really a very serious matter that should be considered by everyone.

www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts13.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7477 guests and one member online