Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help with trailer ID

Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57176

Hello.

I'm new to the forum. Great topics so far!

Can anyone help identify this trailer? I thought it may be a Tee Nee, but now I'm not sure. Look closely at the pics. If anyone has an estimation of the year, or the model, please let me know.

I am currently restoring a 1957 Tee Nee trailer when I stumbled across this one.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57179

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Se7en Seas. It kinda resembles a Holsclaw, have you had a look in the Glassic Library at the trailer section?
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Holsclaw

Mark

Re:Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57181

Hello Well a few thing on the trailer scream T Nee. On the ends of the main cross beam where the fenders bolt that is how T Nee mounts there tear drop fenders. T Nee also uses that support bar that goes from the very back t over the main cross beam and then bolts to the tongue. I can't tell if there are any rollers in the tongue or not. Do you have a winch stand?
Take something apart that hasn't been apart since new and see if you can find any yellow paint.
T Nee made trailers and painted them blue for Alumacraft.
One thing that does not look right for a T Nee is the back T were the two bigger rollers are. I have never seen a T bar that looks like that.
I have several T Nee borchers. If you send me a few close up pictures I might beable to figure something out.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachments:

Re:Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57201

Here are a few more images...

PS, how do I attach more than 1 image to the post?

Attachments:

Re:Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57213

After you have attached and submit only one picture to your reply. You have to go back to the thread and click edit and then add only one more picture.- Then repeat until you have all the pictures added you want.

D

Re:Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57214

Thanks for the tips guys!

I still am a bit confused as to the make, but here are some more pics:
Attachments:

Re:Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57215

That cross channel holding the axle is all Tee Nee. I'd say it's a Tee Nee. Somewhere in the past 50 years someone may have made some changes. Tear drop fenders would look good on that buggy. Before After and not yet finished. Weather is getting nice so it will get done.
Attachments:

Re:Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57227

Maybe your pictures are to big?

Re:Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57228

Herters,

I think the pics posted. Thanks again for your help, but the main beam and the square axle still throw me off. Did Tee Nee make square axles? It may be a Holsclaw...

Re:Help with trailer ID 12 years 1 month ago #57259

I do not believe I have ever seen a T Nee with a square axle. But those fender mounts are T Nee. I would lean more toward an Alumacraft trailer. Or someone had to change the axel.
Again take one of those adjustable roller pads off. The ones on the main beam. There is one bolt that holds the three roller pad to the adustable part. When you take that apart I think you will find yellow paint.
Either way its a cool trailer and defnitely worth restoring.

D

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8802 guests and one member online