• Page:

TOPIC: tee nee baby stroller?lol

tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 5 months ago #49756

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
ok so its not a trailer,but im going to make it look like a tee nee trailer,i need to start getting a few bucks in the bank,lol
so ed bought this baby stroller,a "taylor tot" from the 1940's early 50's,i thought it would be cool to do and put on ebay.
it has a handle and foot plate that can come off and it then becomes a walker.
it has cool tee nee like fenders and even has coil springs,i am going to replace the wood with walnut.and restore the whole thing,it will keep me busy after my knee surgery.
i know i sound nuts ,doing a baby stroller,but what the heck,lol,john coil springs i plan on putting tee nee decals on it and its fenders,ok so i think im nuts now,lol,john
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 5 months ago #49790

I don't think your nuts. Check out this link, sorry I saved it early as show all. There are a couple threads on HAMB about pedal cars and strollers. www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367639&showall=1 There's a build on your stroller.

This might give ya some ideas

Of coarse you'll need a flatbed to haul home the barn finds
Attachments:

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 5 months ago #49797

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Very cool stroller any how! Have fun with it John!

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 5 months ago #49803

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks cat,now at least i know im not totaly crazy,lol.
i think i have made up my mind that im going to custom restore pedal cars,the boats of mine i will restore,but its too much on me,and working on pedal cars i wont have to climb in and out of them,lol.
im going to restore the fire truck"custom",then start on pedal cars,make them into hot rods,custom cars with upholstery,etc.
thanks for the link cat.
thanks jessie,i think it should look cool at boat shows,with it matching a tee nee trailer or matching someones boat,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 5 months ago #49812

You should have come up with this last year when I gave away the one my Grandmother had bought. It was in the attic since I can remember.

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 5 months ago #49837

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yeah bob me too,my wife and i were in an antique store and i saw the stroller,and it just screamed tee nee,lol,so ed bought it and i will restore it.
the thing that gets me most is i thought i was the only one with the idea to restore this type ,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol/american restoration 12 years 2 months ago #55089

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
did you all watch "american restoration" last night,they restored the exact same stroller"1940's taylor tot",but theirs didnt have the handle on the back and the floor plate,he got 1500.00 bucks for it,so when i go to finish the firetruck,i will do it at the same time.
i would like to have a buyer before i start so i can custom restore it.
i was thinking of making it resemble a tee nee trailer because it has coil spring suspension and tee nee like fenders.
or like an old indian motorcycle because of the shape of the fenders,but i could do it anyway a person would like,this would be nice to get some bucks into the household,lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 2 months ago #55109

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That's pretty cool, John... You better get cracking on it- My wife is pregnant, and I need a 'trailer' for the kid :)

Though, it might be a bit out of my price range!

-Andrew

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 2 months ago #55132

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
well,congratulations andrew and your dear wife,im very happy for you both,and i will get cracking as soon as i get a break in the weather,lol.
as far as price thats negotiable,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 2 months ago #55214

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
here is a cool link for them 3r1enterprises.com/default.aspx ,i would like to sell it to someone before i restore it,so i can paint it to that persons ideas,john

---Mark Twain

Re:tee nee baby stroller?lol 12 years 2 months ago #55225

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
As soon as I saw American restoration, I thought, "didnt i just see one of those..."
Kind of odd, tho, at the end, the proud parents were buying it, the kid could not have looked less interested...
Rich kid, prolly was hoping for the "BarbieFararri" but maybe mom and dad will just keep it safe fro her to appreciate when she's older.
Good luck with yours, John.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8598 guests and 3 members online