Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tee Nee to play with.

Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #34520

Well I took the boat off here and I should sandblast and repaint it. It too was yellow from factory. The winch works fine and I have new rubber and wheels. I need to install new wires and lights. The bunk wood looks horrible but it holds my weight believe it or not. I'm opting to replace it. It takes an 1 7/8 ball.Is there a trick to putting the wiring inside this frame? I've not tried it yet. I need another roller. One is missing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #34534

robert if you stop by today i might have a new roller for ya.
as for the wires,i always take a couple of cotton balls and tie a string,like a masons cord to the cotton,then use a shop vac at the other end ,you may have to put tape over some of the extra holes,turn on the vac put in the cotton ball on the the other side of the frame,and let it go you will hear it suck it in,dont forget to tie off the end though ,lol,.
after that bend the end of the wires back on themselves ,tie on the string and then tape it so it doesnt slip off ,you should be able to pull the wiring through the channel,john, p.s. if you come over,bring those fenders,the fenders on my tee nee are regular ones,lol,lol,just kidding buddy.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #34537

oh by the way robert,the title to your thread makes it sound like you have a personal problem,lol,lol,lol
sorry robert i couldnt resist,lol,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #34545

john-gibson wrote:

robert if you stop by today i might have a new roller for ya.
as for the wires,i always take a couple of cotton balls and tie a string,like a masons cord to the cotton,then use a shop vac at the other end ,you may have to put tape over some of the extra holes,turn on the vac put in the cotton ball on the the other side of the frame,and let it go you will hear it suck it in,dont forget to tie off the end though ,lol,.
after that bend the end of the wires back on themselves ,tie on the string and then tape it so it doesnt slip off ,you should be able to pull the wiring through the channel,john, p.s. if you come over,bring those fenders,the fenders on my tee nee are regular ones,lol,lol,just kidding buddy.

john, your gunna have to explain this one to me in person.
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #34551

hee hee ron,its a trick i also use to run wires through a peice of conduit,you should have seen me run underground mainline wires(entry cable),i used the string to get a rope through,then attached one end of the rope to the wires(i had to use dish detergent for lubrication on the starting endof the wire,because of a good bend in the pipe),then attached the other end to my tractor and pulled the wires through the conduit.
its how i got my electric to my garage.
sorry robert i didnt mean to hijack your thread,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #35005

I got the tongue completely torn apart and so far I only had one bolt break. I do have lots of deep pits to fill. I don't want to spoil the tilt feature. I plan on buying grade 8 replacements for the bolts. No more square heads. I must have gotten 3,479 bees nests out of the tubes so far.

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #35013

boy i love those fenders,my tee nee are the regular type,and its sounding like its coming along robert,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #35051

I'm slow and today I cooked, really. Blood sugar dropped and then I was done.

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #35055

boy robert take it easy,and i know what you mean it was 90 today and 110 in the garage with the door open,evenualy had to use the air conditioners,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #35056

by the way robert,what are your plans for this tee nee,maybe sale or trade?,if so let me know i love those fenders and i have a couple of trailers to trade,and,or, maybe that boat i just picked up,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 10 months ago #35101

I think I'm going to use this one. I've had people stop and ask about it off the road. A guy has one made int a utility trailer here somewhere. There is no mistaking those fenders. This one has shocks too. I believe it is almost 100% original. You should have seen the tires and wheels. I hit the wheels with a wire brush and they were leaking. I have to buy a spare yet. I have most of the tongue done. I need to do the winch housing tomorrow. I have quite a bit into this one now.

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 9 months ago #36861

How about a few up-dated pics. Not perfect because I'm flat broke and had to buy a washing machine.

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 9 months ago #36872

robert,its looking great!very nice job,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 9 months ago #36896

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I agree, looking very good Robert. And I can definitely relate to the "project on a budget" deal. ;)

Mark

Re:Tee Nee to play with. 12 years 9 months ago #36906

The fenders will be another color. I'm not sur what yet. I have to see what I have. I have some very very old Nitrocellulose teal green paint from the 50's that still looks good. I have an un-opened quart. I got it from an old body guy before he died and that was close to 25 years ago.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7879 guests and one member online