• Page:

TOPIC: need advice on tee nee

need advice on tee nee 12 years 10 months ago #33496

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
just got a call from a guy that wants to sell me a boat that he bought new. it is a 1957 or 58 pipestone on a teenee trailer and a super sea horse. what should i look for on the trailer to determan if it is a collectable trailer. or are all the teenee's collectable? i am going to sell the boat and motor as i just want the trailer for my fleetform. are they heavy duty enought for a 14 ft fiberglass runabout? what kind of price should i be looking at , if it is a trailer in good condition, i know that is a tuff queston to answere but just a ball park figure will do. thanks for any and all help. i'am going to look at it tomorow afternoon. i'll check back befor i go. thanks again. frog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:need advice on tee nee 12 years 10 months ago #33508

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey Frog, haven't heard from you in a while, how's it goin'? Sounds like you have a lead on a good one with the TeeNee. I'm more of a Holsclaw guy myself, but the old TeeNees were very cool, especially the one with the rounded "teardrop" fenders and/or hidden winch. I would think a "one-owner" that old would certainly be rare, hope it's in decent shape for you. Collectible? Definitely, IMHO. I've seen some the members here restored that look awesome. Check her over carefully and let us know what you find out.

The Pipestones have a decent following too, but it's a little tougher to sell without the trailer. It's tough to "guestimate" value without any info on condition, but I always figure if you can get a trailer like that for a couple hundred bucks when all is said and done, you're doing well. Let us know how it turns out, okay?!

Mark

Re:need advice on tee nee 12 years 10 months ago #33535

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
hi mark. yes it has been a long time since i have talked to you. been crazy up here . last week we got 5.5 inches of rain, and the mississippi is still over flood stage. today i spent most of it removing blown down trees from the yard. i did go and look at the boat, the motor is frooze solid, so it is a parts motor. the boat is a 1957,pipstone fiberglass with wood top and wood seats, all needing to be redone. the trailer is a tee nee but no teardrop fenders, and is so so. he wants 500.00 for all and will not split it up. i haven't had any luck in getting rid of my glastron v-142 or the crestliner seascout yet, so that pipestone would be another one setting in my pole barn. so he still has it. thanks for your input on the trailer. i have an old sno co trailer and that is maybe what i'll use for my fleetform for now. talk later. frog

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7018 guests and one member online