Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Holsclaw bunk rollers - how to get off?

Holsclaw bunk rollers - how to get off? 13 years 3 weeks ago #28547

To do a good job of refinish on my old Holsclaw, I need to get these small rollers off. I didn't try doing anything today, figured I could ask and someone would know how these come apart.

I couldn't get over how good these rollers are, and I think they're pretty old, maybe original. The trailer is amazingly designed, very well thought out, and very heavy duty. I've played with a lot of boat trailers, but never anything like this. Star washers, steel lock nuts, great adjustability. Amazing.

Anyways, here's shots of both sides of the rollers. Thanks for any help!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Holsclaw bunk rollers - how to get off? 13 years 3 weeks ago #28552

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I believe those are roller shafts that are mushroomed over on one end (like a rivet), Frank. You could drill the mushroom to remove, and replace the shaft with straight ones and drive on star washer retainers when re-assembling. I believe Peter has some extra of the little outside rollers he may sell, if you need them.

The old Holsclaw trailers are pretty neat, I like 'em! ;) Did you ever find where the serial number is stamped into that baby?

Mark

Re:Holsclaw bunk rollers - how to get off? 13 years 3 weeks ago #28563

yeah i have a holsclaw under my cutter,very well made,i like it better than tee nees,and i have a tee nee on the way,maybe ill change my mind after i see the tee nee,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Holsclaw bunk rollers - how to get off? 13 years 3 weeks ago #28577

Thanks Mark, I'll play around with those bunk rollers and see what I can do. I haven't looked for a serial number. It's registered as home built, but it is a D1475 - 1400# capacity with the 5.70-8 tires that are on it. At some point I will be putting new tires on it, but there's a long way to go before I get there.

John, I don't think Tee Nee made anything comparable to Holsclaw. Holsclaw went out of business because cheaper and less heavy duty boat trailers started becoming widely available. They also made motorcycle trailer and utility trailers which are very desirable to own still today.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)