Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trailer brakes

Trailer brakes 13 years 3 weeks ago #28315

I started a thread on the main forum today about trailer brakes, and figured I better bring it over here. Here's the main forum thread: www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/2-main-forum/28286-whew-got-the-boat-out.html#28311

This trailer was set up for brakes. I need an actuator (Titan T4745720 - $136.90) and new brakes assemblies (Dexter 18787 & 18788 - $55.95 each). I got these part #s and prices from etrailer. Ground shipping on anything over $150 is free, so right now I'm looking at $248.80. that is if my drum/hubs are okay. If not, they are $47.95 each, for a revised total of $344.70. I'm hoping they can be turned, and if so, I bought kits to rebuild them today that cost me about $30. If they can't be turned, I'll bring the kits back.

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Trailer brakes 13 years 3 weeks ago #28352

I have had great service from Champion Trailer in Slidell LA. Not sure how they compare on pricing on the items you need, but I have been satisfied with the items I purchased from them.
Trailer brakes are really nice to have, I tow with an e-150 van and appreciate the extra safety even when towing just 2000#.

Re:Trailer brakes 13 years 3 weeks ago #28376

I used to buy all sorts of stuff from Champion before the web got so commercial. They were always great, and I will check them out for the same or similar stuff. Thanks for the idea!

Money's tight right now, so this is probably something for later this summer. In the meantime I'm getting prepared. Instead of braking 2 1/2 tons going down a hill, I can just brake the truck, about 3700#s. That will be much better, and much safer.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6433 guests and no members online