Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1963 Champ 145

1963 Champ 145 3 years 11 months ago #142191

So I just started looking into information on the trailer I have underneath my 1963 Glastron. The registration said it was a 1983 Champ, but the design of the trailer looked right out of the early 60's, not out of the 80's. So I did a bit more digging. Eventually I found this 1963 gator and champ brochure on worthpoint that has this strongly being a Gator 314, or so I thought. I looked into the Gator/Champ brochure from 1962 on the glassic library and found that the measurements and tires matched the Champ 145 instead.

And here's the trailer in question:

I cant find much information about Champ as a brand or as a part of Gator's lineup other than the glassic library and that one bit on that brochure. Does anyone have more knowledge on the Champ trailers in general? It seems other than it being a lower end Gator model.

Also, does anyone know where I can find the ID plate or ID information. There seems to be a raised up plate inside the back right corner, but there doesnt seem to be any information stamped. Was there just a paper/painted sticker thats been painted over?

So I did a bit more digging. Looking up newspaper articles, Champ trailers were pretty much exclusively sold in Florida and had a short run from 1958ish to 1963ish. But any information would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)