Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Four coil Tee Nee ID

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 7 months ago #137580

OK. I finally found a Tee Nee project. Trouble is the data plate is missing so I don't know the model. Here is what I know. First, the data plate was an oval shape from the shape of the missing paint. Second, it has four coil springs. Third, the main beam is deeper than other Tee Nee's I've seen. Finally, it has long step plates on both sides of the main beam. Soo, what model is it? Knowing the model might be key in finding the missing winch tower. The one I have doesn't fit at the bottom since it's not long enough to straddle the main beam completely.

Thanks in Advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 7 months ago #137624

I can answer a few of your questions. You have the three inch wide four inch deep main beam or tongue. T Nee never made a winch stand that fit that just right they just add a piece of metal at the bottom of the stand to extend the stand. The long step plates I think you are talking about the cat walk it’s a c shaped piece that is on both sides of the beam and bolted thru the beam. The idea is so you can walk out on the beam to load and unload. As to the name badge even if you have the serial number I have never found anyone that knows how to decipher the numbers.
So basically you have a heavy duty trailer. If you send me some pictures I can try and look up which model you have. I will try and find some pictures and load,them
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dn5386

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 7 months ago #137625

The picture of the two trailers the bottom trailer is a heavy duty and the top one a standard. Can’t figure out how to eliminate a picture. Bottom pic is a different topic sorry

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 7 months ago #137626

A picture of an extended stand. I give up I cant get them to load!!!!!!

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137738

Added some photos to help with ID

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137739

.Extended stand
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dn5386

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137740

you weren't kidding when you said it would be a simple extension.

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137741

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
May I ask what specific color yellow that is? Also - is that paint applied with an air compressor and sprayer, canned spray paint, Brush? Looks great.

Dr.Go!

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137742

I use 2002 Ford CHROME YELLOW. It is an automotive paint applied with a compressor and spray gun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Go!

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137745

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks! Int thoughts were leaning in that direction, but wanted to be sure because my screen has a yellow tint at night. I wasn’t sure I would see the color correctly. Sure looks nice. Does a person use a typical sand blast method when possible? I one saw a liquid rust dissolve product on a car restoration show and wondered if that would work... cannot remember the name. Wonder if anyone has tried that since I don’t have a sand blaster.

Dr.Go!

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137748

I take them completely apart then take them to a sandblast company and have them blast it. Here it cost two hundred fifty for a reagular T Nee. I have a blaster but it woulld take me for ever and such a mess.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Go!

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137752

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks. I figured that would end up being the best way to make them look new again. I am going to look into local sandblasting. My next challenge will be finding 2 fenders for a mid 60’s trailcar trailer sized for the 12” wheel set. Maybe I will have to make fiberglass copies of the 2 I have by making a mold first. Your thread and posts have been most helpful as I ponder 2 trailer restorations. My wife is now good at spotting these Tee Nee trailers and likes their style. Our Trailcar trailers are not stylish, just functionable.

Dr.Go!

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137755

Ok T Nee did make two winch stands for the heavy duty tongue. This is a picture that I just received from a T Nee owner. Note the handle and the way it is bolted on the tongue.
Sorry picture is to large!

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 6 months ago #137813

OK! getting lots of useful info on these trailers! Where would I learn what model this trailer is? I've made my way through most of the print ads online but don't see anything with a heavy duty option or four coils although I did see photos of another four coil unit on this site but the post was years old. One ad indicated the catwalk option on my trailer was available on two models But I don't know what two models.

Thanks All!

-Jim K

Four coil Tee Nee ID 5 years 5 months ago #138075

My guess would be an OB-70 with the 3x4 tongue & dual coils
Cheers
Bill
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7985 guests and 2 members online