Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: new trailer

new trailer 6 years 7 months ago #133769

I am trying to locate a dealer for a new single axle boat trailer for a 1961 fourteen foot Glaspar runabout. Also, does anyone know how much the weight of the boat? Any information would be helpful. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

new trailer 6 years 7 months ago #133773

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
If you go to the Library and look under fiberglass column and then click the Glaspar link, that will show you many models and years. I saw lots of information including model weight. Hope that helps a bit. You would of course have to add weight for a motor, equipment like gas tank (s), Battery, anchors and anything else including fuel weight. That should help get you close for looking into trailer ranges. Good luck!

Dr.Go!

new trailer 6 years 7 months ago #133786

my '73 Chaparral 15' with an 85hp 'Rude is sitting on a factory trailer with a 2000lb axle. I've towed it all over creation. Hull weight was listed as 700, plus 280 for the motor, then I figured another 300lbs for gas, batteries, anchor, cooler, etc.

I've been looking at new single axle aluminum trailers since I hit the salt several times per year. I haven't found any specific manufacturers that people brag about, but there are a ton of suppliers here in the southeast that will sell what I want for under $2k. Haven't decided if I'd rather do that or grab a cheap steel trailer for $400 and run it till it rusts through.

new trailer 6 years 7 months ago #133792

Thanks Dr. Go. Good information. I appreciate your reply. I will take a look to see what I can find. I knew somebody would have an answer. Fred

new trailer 6 years 7 months ago #133793

Got all the stats I needed Thanks, again

new trailer 6 years 7 months ago #133802

Thanks for your response. I live in the Rocky Mountains where the season is short and the dealers are few. The axle spindles are shot on my old Chatin trailer. A new axle would probably work if I could find one. However a newer aluminum trailer would likely look better an load easier. I ran across a mfg of aluminum trailers that would build one to spec. That is why I needed the information. I was able to get the info I needed from the Glasspar link in the library. We'll see what they quote, Then I'll have to make a decision. Thanks again for you input.

new trailer 6 years 7 months ago #133804

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Glad you are finding the information you need so that you can keep moving towards your goals. Good luck.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'