Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mystery Sea King

Mystery Sea King 7 years 7 months ago #125931

Hi everyone, I just became a fiberglassic owner and I'm brand new to the forum. I don't have a lot of experience with boats, but I just acquired a Montgomery Ward Sea King. It was sitting in a barn on the original trailer, but the serial plate on the boat is badly damaged. However, the original trailer sitting under it still has the plate intact and legible. Is there anybody who can help me identify the year and model of the boat by the trailer tag, or just a few legible numbers on the boat's data plate? I'm certain it is early 60's, maybe 64? I'll take some measurements and photos as soon as I get the dust cleaned off.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Same thread in trailer talk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Mystery Sea King 7 years 7 months ago #125932

Welcome Ted. I've learned here that the trailers were usually supplied by the dealers who put together their own packages (boat,motor,and trailer) so that probably won't work. Any pictures of the boat and any ID plates (or what's left of them) will help the Guru's identify it for you. Someone will recognize it. :) Mark.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Mystery Sea King 7 years 6 months ago #126460

Check out the Sea King sales brochures in the Fiberglassics library. Might help narrow down the year and model. - Terry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)