Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: tee nee restoration questions

tee nee restoration questions 9 years 3 days ago #108322

Hello all,

Thank you in advance for your time and council.

I arrived home this week and to my astonishment I found a Tee Nee trailer gift in the driveway. This is my first trailer and I would like to get it up and safely running. I made a poster of it's elements.

The fellow that gave it to me fixes and restores large tractors, his son is one of my fishing buddies. It journeyed 90 miles to my driveway already.

Its id badge says it is a "A 89,9XX" the X's are other numbers
Over 18 feet long.
All the rollers turn.
The cable and tongue have been replaced already
The bearings have been greased and there is one new tire.

There are some dings to one fender. Not deep.
It was yellow and was repainted blue and later silver.
The metal bar holding the winch on one side is bent.
One of the lower is it a "tie arm" is also slightly bent.
One of the single keel rollers where it is attached is also slightly bent.
Missing one rubber step up ( I live not too far from Iola Wisconsin's vintage car show so I am hoping to find a replacement "Studebaker pedal cover").

Each lens is cracked or broken (the ones on the fender totally make the look of the trailer).

I would like to get it legal and road worthy to pick up a boat early this summer. A full restoration of the trailer is not out of the question in the near future.

Does anyone know where I can find replacement lenses for this trailer?

And which model Tee Nee is it/ when made etc?

I have scanned the forum seeking this information and have not found modern suppliers for corresponding replacement parts.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Mr. Nelson
Chili, Wisconsin

ps. The lenses have manufacturing information cast onto them "Grote MFG Co 205". They look kind of like older truck cab roof running lights, perhaps they also could be found in the restoration area of Iola's vintage car swap area?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:tee nee restoration questions 9 years 2 days ago #108364

In my 1959 Tee NEE brochure I find a trailer like yours. OB- 70A same winch stand single spring, tear drop fenders, flight light extensions. It is a tilt trailer and is recommended for 1,200 lbs maximum, designed to fit 16 to 18 foot boats.
The tailight lenses you are looking for a very hard to come by. Ebay has them once in a great while. But as far as I know there is no source for them if some one knows please tell me.
If you do nt find the step pads you need I have some that are very close to original and can send you some pictures.
You will find that the radius arms are pretty easy to straighten. A 4/4 on each end a good sized hammer. They are not made of high strength and bend fairly easy.
By the way that is a very very good boat trailer.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:tee nee restoration questions 9 years 2 days ago #108392

• w guy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Grote is still in business, mostly making lenses for trucks. Google them and see if they have that model lens available.

Verne :)

Re:tee nee restoration questions 9 years 1 day ago #108404

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Congrats on your Tee Nee trailer Mr. Nelson; you've got yourself a good one there with the Flightlight fin styling fenders. I really dig these trailers. I picked one up just recently and like Del says, it's the same one as yours. Del was so kind to send me copies of the '59 Tee Nee brochure. I can take pictures of the copies and shoot them to you if you'd like. Anyway, take a look. The last post are the copies that Del sent me.

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/main-forum/what-do-you-see-in-this-picture

Eduardo
Attachments:

Re:tee nee restoration questions 9 years 1 day ago #108412

• randyr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I made a casting of a boat emblem. You might try to make a casting of the lenses.

Randy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5662 guests and 4 members online