Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LEAD on a NELSON SILVIA-BUILT SIMMONS SKIFF

LEAD on a NELSON SILVIA-BUILT SIMMONS SKIFF 8 years 6 months ago #116123

Friends,

I "got a lead on" a 22 foot open-fisherman by NELSON SILVIA built SIMMONS SKIFF built in Wilmington, NC, if anyone here is interested in a hand-built, lapstrake plywood SIMMONS.

The late Nelson Silvia was an ARTIST in building wooden boats & his work became "instant collector's items" as soon as they were built.
(I'm told that this Simmons was built "on private commission" to the plans from the CAPE FEAR MUSEUM, who owns the rights to Mr. T. N. Simmons designs.)

Unfortunately, I don't have the money to buy it at this time though I've long wanted a SIMMONS that doesn't NEED rebuilding.
(I'm told that this boat/trailer was built for a man from Columbia SC, who had a stroke, was admitted to a nursing home & then passed away.)

The boat "reportedly" has less than 40 total hours use.

IF anyone here is interested in this REAL WORK OF ART, PM me & I'll see if I can help you.

WARNING: any NICE boat built by Nelson Silvia is EXPENSIVE & IF what I was told is FACT, expect this one to be REALLY EXPENSIVE.
(Nonetheless it's likely a ONE-TIME chance to get an "near new" 22 foot SIMMONS SKIFF.)

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: LEAD on a NELSON SILVIA-BUILT SIMMONS SKIFF 8 years 6 months ago #116291

Friends,

I got home from an evening political meeting to find an email from my "NC contact", which said that the Nelson-Silvia Gulf Fisherman 22 sold on Sunday afternoon. - I don't have any more info than that.

Hoping that one of "our crowd" bought it & will preserve that lovely "piece of nautical art" forever.

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6573 guests and one member online