Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1972 Sooner Boat Company 15 Foot Trihull

1972 Sooner Boat Company 15 Foot Trihull 9 years 11 months ago #94667

Hi , new here. I just picked up this great little boat. Its all fiberglass even the floor. Its a 1972. I want to redo the floor with carpet, or possibly some kind of coating like they use for bedliners. Right now it has some old vinyl covering that will come off really easy.

Any tips?

Anyone know anything about these Sooner boats?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1972 Sooner Boat Company 15 Foot Trihull 9 years 10 months ago #95572

I'd be careful with trying to cover the fiberglass floor without knowing what is underneath the glass. I have a 73 Forester that had fiberglass over a wood floor. Its also a 15 foot tri-hull. I bought it without checking out the floor. The wood was rotting out from the inside due to leaks. I had to cut out the whole floor down to the stringers, replace the wood (most of it, tough job), and then put on new fiberglass.

Note that I just joined in order to post my Forester for sale. Still working out how to price it but I need it to go to save space. Watch for my ad. Has a nice 50 HP OB and the trailer has new tires.

Dave
Lake Geneva WI

Re:1972 Sooner Boat Company 15 Foot Trihull 9 years 10 months ago #95576

if you haven't found it yet, there is a nice history of sooner craft in the glassic library (tab at top of home page)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6921 guests and one member online