Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: First post, first boat

First post, first boat 10 years 5 months ago #85315

Hi to all, look forward to hanging out some here. I just purchased my first boat, it's 78 Chrysler Conqueror 115, I don't know the first thing about this boat other than I like it. I'm a Chrysler kinda guy and I thought it would look good behind my classic Plymouth. The motor on it apprears original according to the model number, the previous owner remover the lower unit and i can see the main shaft from the motor is frozen, the prop (or what's left of it) is toast and there's no prop cone. interior is there but ratty, don't see any hull damage but there are spider cracks in the paint.Fortunately I didn't have to pay much for the boat, motor, and trailer, yesterday I went and picked up a 1972 Chrysler 120 HP motor that's complete, don't have any history on it, but I'm hoping the lower unit will fit the 78 115 motor. I'll see if I can post a pic.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chrysler Conqueror 10 years 5 months ago #85317

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard William, glad to have you join us. Looks like you scored a nice project boat there, looking forward to watching you bring her back to life. I'm not too "up" on the Chrysler motors, but maybe one of the other members here can help with your question. I know we've got a couple folks on here who have similar models, I'm sure they'll chime in soon.

Mark

Re: Chrysler Conqueror 10 years 5 months ago #85319

Thanks Mark, Your in Jackson huh? just down the road from in Covington, bet You've worn out ol' Jackson Lake by now.

Re:First post, first boat 10 years 5 months ago #85338

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Cool, we'll have to get together on the water when you get the Conqueror up and running.

bet You've worn out ol' Jackson Lake by now

I know my way around it pretty well, really like going up the Alcovy River area the best. Also started driving over to Lake Sinclair some, cleaner water and fresh scenery. ;)

Mark

Re: Chrysler Conqueror 10 years 5 months ago #85357

Williamnot,

WELCOME ABOARD.

NICE boat, too.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Chrysler Conqueror 10 years 5 months ago #85377

Thanks, SATX. I have a long way to go, right now it's just yard art !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6713 guests and 2 members online