Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1967 shell lake?

1967 shell lake? 13 years 10 months ago #8069

Hello everyone, I purchased this shell lake boat today,the hull no.id's it as a 1967 15' length, but I cannot find out the model.I am fairly new to boating and was looking for a small runabout to keep in the marina with my houseboat ,I saw this one and fell in love. Im handy with a wrench and plan to restore it this winter, any help would be great. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1967 shell lake? 13 years 10 months ago #8070

Re:1967 shell lake? 13 years 10 months ago #8325

finally got the pics up, does anyone know what model this is? All I can see is where the shell lake emblem used to be,its the only thing missing from the boat. It sports a 90hp v4 2 cycle omc/johnson i/o ,I checked the motor out today it has good compression ,spark, and the carbs look clean but im expecting to rebuild them. Ill clean out the gas tank tomarrow and give her go. I did notice that when I lowered the outdrive there was a slight amout of lube seeping from the seem in the lower case just above the prop shaft but on the side of the case. This seem or split in the lower case must have been discontinued in later models , its hard to find a picture of one like it. The previous owner had it in the water 5yrs ago and he said it ran great but the temp light came on so he hauled it home,put it in the barn and its been there since. I drained the lube and it looked very clean but im sure the lower unit will have to be rebuilt.

Re:1967 shell lake? 3 years 11 months ago #142223

I have the same boat but it's a 16.5 foot Chevy 4 duel carbs text me 7154500879

1967 shell lake? 3 years 11 months ago #142224

I have the same boat text me 7154500879

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6633 guests and one member online