Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Webbcraft?

Webbcraft? 11 years 2 months ago #74454

Just bought but have yet to pick up a 1975 Webbcraft 20' boat. I'll post some pictures when I get it, but I'd be interested in what anyone on this site knows about them. I've done fairly extensive web research and know that they were built in Collinsville, OK from the early '70's until early 90's, that they tended to be heavy, fairly well built mid-range boats, had some wood accents and not much else. Anyone know more?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Webbcraft? 11 years 2 months ago #74465

We have a few Webbcrafts here in my hometown from that vintage. Both are trihulls and seemed to be exactly like the early Cobalt trihulls from the early 70s. My sister in law has a 1976 Trihull with a 302 Ford, Mercruiser 188 stern drive model. It has the original burgandy interior and is still in very good condition. It was my belief that they may have bought the older trihull molds from Cobalt. Not sure of that, but they do look surprisingly alike.

Re:Webbcraft? 11 years 2 months ago #74482

Mine is a closed bow V-hull with a 351/Mercruiser 233. I've seen references to Webbcraft being similar to Cobalt as well as a couple of others, and truth be told, a lot of fiberglass boats from this era are alike. I probably paid a little too much for this boat, but it was gone through pretty well about 10 years ago and then parked indoors. After having some "learning experiences" on eBay, I looked over and climbed in this boat, and the floor is solid, the carpet and upholstery good, and you could almost eat from the bilge. The owner is a longtime Ford man who has done some drag racing, and the engine has been maintenanced regularly. I'll find out; fingers crossed.

Re:Webbcraft? 11 years 2 weeks ago #75945

Saturday afternoon started her up, after a little encouragement in the driveway with a garden hose and muffs, and seemed to run OK. Pulled it down to the lake and was relatively pleased with the way it runs. My experience to date driving boats is limited to a '72 Glastron CV-16SS w/a Volvo Penta 4 cylinder and then my '85 Hardin Marine jet boat, so the Webbcraft drives like a truck by comparison, but it rides smooth and feels solid. Pumps 60+ PSI oil pressure and despite the disconcerting discovery that the hour meter is stuck @ 604, the old Mercruiser 233 seems to be hanging in there. It's no speed demon; you have to give it right much throttle to kick it up on plane, but I'm pleased. It does pull to port, and I've since adjusted the torque tab to see if that helps. Fiddling around with wiring and plumbing; everything works but temperature vacuum gauges. Pictures to follow from my next outing, hopefully this Sunday when it's supposed to be 70F down here.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6067 guests and no members online