Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1971 sears 15ft?

1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68711

supposedly it is a sears according to the present registration. if anyone can tell for sure let me know. there are no identifying marks on the boat. has a 60hp magnapower 2 chrysler. bartered some valve adjustment on a chevy 350 for this puppy with trailer! no mater what it is i am excited to get it home and give it a thourough cleaning. should restore nicely

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68712

for some reason i cant figure out how to attach the pics , i guess

Re: 1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68713

MFG made the sears gamefisher and sold some of their line thru sears stores. My guess is that it is an mfg of some sort. Can you post a picture?

Re: 1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68714

Re: 1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68770

trying again
Attachments:

Re: 1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68771

front of boat
Attachments:

Re: 1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68772

motor-

hopefully the gauges and art deco styling of the bow and stern lights are enough to identify, i thought they seemed unique
Attachments:

Re: 1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68773

so apparently resizing through microsoft paint has trimmed quite most of the boat lol

Re: 1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68775

Welcome! I love it when people take what is literally junk, and can turn it into a useful and fun item again. I think you will have fun doing it as well.
More pics. Looks like a bit of road damage? What is that black stuff on the lower bow?

Re: 1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68784

the black stuff is just dried on mud. this boat is just super dirty. there are gonna be a couple screw holes in the dash to fix from the fire extinguisher holder and a fish finder mount but other than that its really not too bad.

i think i may go all out and send the chrome work in to get re-plated,there really aren't that many pieces, i can't imagine it to be too expensive.

a rub and buff is gonna be the biggest work. the white on the dash is actually a factory trimmed vinyl wrap , its a bit crispy so i will be replacing that along with the seats.

Re:1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68795

Welcome to the group. Nice looking little boat you found youraself there. When it comes to getting stuff rechromed most people are in for sticker shock.To get stuff rechromed cost cash, lots of it. If the metal is pot metal it has to be in near perfect condition for most places to even touch it. If it is all pitted they will have to do lots of work to redo it.Time is also a factor when rechroming, alot of shops are not in any hurry to do alot of this type of work.Check around with a bunch of different shops to see what kind of service they can provide you with. As for the rest of the boat check it out for soft spots in the floor and any rot in the transom. You may be able to bring back the shine to the fiberglass with alot of buffing and sweating. If the gelcoat is not shot you may be ok. Post more picks of the boat as we really love pics here.So have fun with your boat and good luck. Skip.

Re:1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #68807

after carefully examining mfg's catalogs and trudging through countless photos on the net i am beginning to think this is actually a stuery boat.

Re:1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 7 months ago #69449

definitely not a boat that mfg made for Sears. It doesn't really look like a steury either. is the serial number glassed in and does it match the title? if not you may have a boat whose title was switched, maybe accidentally by a former owner. It is not a common problem, but it does sometimes happen. Also, often marina owners wind up with titles and just do a best match to the boats they wind up with abandoned. To help properly identify, a few more pics of the side of the boat would be helpful.

Re:1971 sears 15ft? 11 years 1 week ago #76365

That is for sure a stuery

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)