Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need some help identifying an interesting boat

Need some help identifying an interesting boat 13 years 11 months ago #4412

I ran across this picture of a boat which is in a marine supply store which has closed. Inventory of the store is going to be put up for bids and I was hoping someone here can identify the boat. Its not quite a true tri-hull, but its not a v-hull either. So far this is the only bit of information I have on it. HELP!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Need some help identifying an interesting boat 13 years 11 months ago #4430

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey retiredguy, surely they will let you inspect the merchandise before making a bid, right? Of course the easiest method would be to ask for the "papers" on the boat, which would give you the info you seek. Or, since you've got the registration numbers, the state DNR or whoever does boat registrations in your state may be able to help.

The boat looks original, so there should be and id tag inside on the transom. Also, there should be a hull id # on the outside of the transom somewhere. Prior to being "cast" into the hull, they were often stamped into a metal trim piece across the top of the transom, but it should be there somewhere.

One of the knowledgeable historians here may be able to help you identify the interesting craft, but I would want to know more about getting it re-registered legally in your name before investing any $, IMHO. Good luck, could be a good project if you can buy it right.

Mark

Re:Need some help identifying an interesting boat 13 years 11 months ago #4435

Take a look at Chrysler boats. Those sponsons(spelling?) are a design feature they had for a few years.

Re:Need some help identifying an interesting boat 13 years 11 months ago #4437

I will check it out. Could very well be a Chrysler boat since it was a Chrysler dealer. Tough part may be getting the boat down from the 2nd floor of the building. Do not know about any ramps, etc.
Thank you.

Re:Need some help identifying an interesting boat 13 years 11 months ago #4438

It sure does look like one of those old Chrysler boats.

How did they get it up there? How heavy is it I wonder? There's got to be a way to safely get it down.

Good luck!

Frank

Re:Need some help identifying an interesting boat 13 years 11 months ago #4498

This one sits about 5 blocks from my home. It is also a Chrysler. I have no idea on the year, but the hull appears to be the same as yours.
Attachments:

Mike Russon

Re:Need some help identifying an interesting boat 13 years 11 months ago #5028

With some detective work on my part, I got the information on this boat. It is a 17' 1971 Chrysler Sport Fury. Power is supplied by a 270 hp Volvo-Penta i/o drive.
Thanks to those of you who gave me some clues as to the make of the boat-helped me narrow down the possibilities.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)