• Page:

TOPIC: 79 Glastron V192 Deck questions

79 Glastron V192 Deck questions 12 years 8 months ago #40404

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Looked at a 79 V192 today....boat is overall in decent shape for a 79.
Seating is all in tack so would have patterns to redo or use for a little while, some rib repairs on lower hull.....transom seemed solid saw spiderwebbiing where the deck comes down to the splawell aera....teak strips are shot, alont with carpet.....I poked a wood awl in the floor? it went into the wood about 1/32 if that still pretty solid...all original still cooler under pass seat, glove box door and front storage boxcover needs reattached though... :P .... Motor of choice....Mercury Black Max 175....sitting for 3 years it did turn over, I heard it fire up...for about 2 seconds than die, dry rotted fuel line....

ANYWAY... :unsure:

My question is on the decks finsh, Brown metalic...I couldn't feel the actual flakes on this one, but not sure if they buff out? its like faded but really more like a clear has deteroiated over the years.... wondering if anyone has perhaps painted the deck to match the original color or what yo have done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !

Re:79 Glastron V192 Deck questions 12 years 8 months ago #40488

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
probably will have to pass regardless....measured out my garage and this boat would take up 25' from motor to tongue of trailer, not to mention width....guess if i wnat a bigger boat will need a bigger shop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7030 guests and no members online