• Page:

TOPIC: Any help please 19?? Traveler Neptune

Any help please 19?? Traveler Neptune 12 years 11 months ago #32010

• DaveS
  • DaveS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have become the owner of a 19?? traveler neptune i believe to have been manufactured by traveler manufacturing co.ltd. peterborough ontario canada they were a division of the arkansas traveler company as i understand it but i have had little to no luck trying to find any further information on the boat there is no manufacturers tag that i can find and i suspect the boat to be late sixties to early seventies but i would like to know for sure as it is difficult to register without this information as well as restoration i would really like to find out what it should have looked like originally any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Any help please 19?? Traveler Neptune 12 years 11 months ago #32011

• DaveS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
this is the best i have found
Attachments:

Re:Any help please 19?? Traveler Neptune 12 years 11 months ago #32018

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard DaveS. Somewhere around 1973 they made (U.S.) boat mfgr's start "stamping" the hull ID number in the aft starboard side of the hull (transom), so if you have nothing there my guess would be it pre-dates this. Some of the historians around here will probably be able to help as well, just give it a day or two. Interesting find, at any rate! Is yours an I/O as shown in the pic? (We also have a "Stern Drive" forum below, if you need any assistance in that department.) Do you have any pics of your boat yet, we'd love to see them.

Mark

Re:Any help please 19?? Traveler Neptune 12 years 11 months ago #32022

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
If outboard what year is motor,quite often they where purchased at the same time. I/O you may be able to get numbers off the block that may also give you the year made.How about the trailer what year is that?

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Any help please 19?? Traveler Neptune 12 years 11 months ago #32101

• DaveS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for the input i am familiar with the typical HID stamp on the upper transom starboard side and it is non existant it is also an I/O but it has been repowered with a penta 250 4cyl and 280 leg i found what appears to be an original decal that says volvo penta 140 at the top center of the transom trailer is non original as most trailers here are lucky to see 10 yrs with salt water use i will have pics soon it is identical to the ad that i posted except for a different top and it is blue topside it is the 19' model andrides like a dream even in 4' chop at 27mph the best iv been able to get it running sofar but i know there is still a little more jam under the hood yet rightnow i have to rock it to get up on a plane but mostly timing and carb adjustment issues

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)