• Page:

TOPIC: Late Model CITATION , Low Ball pkg

Late Model CITATION , Low Ball pkg 13 years 5 months ago #19108

• Split
  • Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Had a successful solo afternoon bringing home a late model I/O Bow rider only 8 miles down road. Made a new friend with this mtn mechanic , elderly gent who REALLY wanted one or both of his projects out of yard & some holiday $$. Unusual for me to take the newer pkg, but with all the new parts was early present. Rebuilt outdrive on this 140Hp Merc Cruiser , 3.0 liter , 4 cyl , 23 " stainless prop , new carb , new fuel pump , oil change , new battery & box & terminal cables. New set of back to back seats(May trade?), nice compass rolling under the oil pan in rear. No cracks in the five pieces of glass. July REG. Total pkg $ 300.

. Need to fix, front trl roller bracket to weld. step pads on side of trl , front raise nose jack, stripped worm gear.Re-wire light kit for trl .. Front upholstery , floor now up , need to install the 16 " wide board. Re-design the sundeck / rear seat storage. Seems a sporty hull with a center PAD down the bottom hull . Thought it was a REGAL, but no RGM , H.I.N. code. Calls out Fiber Skiff, now CITATION out of South Carolina. Makes sense here in Chattanooga, Tenn. July Reg was done via the boat name .!!! JOINT_AD for Joint Adventure. & we wonder why hard to ID boats back in the 60 's or 50 's.

. Three plastic tarps,, got water drained out of block.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Late Model CITATION , Low Ball pkg 13 years 5 months ago #19113

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Nice buy Larry! You could part it out and easily double or triple your investment. (Got a hunch that's not what's in store, right!?) ;)

Mark

Re:Late Model CITATION , Low Ball pkg 13 years 5 months ago #19119

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
nice find...

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !

Re:Late Model CITATION , Low Ball pkg 13 years 5 months ago #19202

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
1st serious bath on one side today . Forecast low 70's next three days, maybe get some paint on the trl . Pulled front roller for neighbor to weld. Pulled a wheel & de-greased with the quart of yellow gas left in tank.

Got some wax on side & reflection is white trl in background .
. Used some great UNISOURCE Cream ,Food Service METAL polish on
trim. Sampled more engine, & still has the orig POINT style dist, everyting new inside , cap , rotor , plug wires. Neighbor says nice upgrade would be the electronic dist & coil . Maybe $115 .??

... Rear side vents going back on . One faces forward for intake ,
other side faces rear for vent . Offset mounting screws so can only reattach one way.

Re:Late Model CITATION , Low Ball pkg 13 years 5 months ago #19718

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Scored my brand new trl light Kit $ 12 (Harness & 2 extra orange side light) at flea mkt yesterday. Got the extender bracket cut & drilled. . Oak side step boards got cut during week, on both sides of the fenders front & rear.

.Five nice days of 70 temps got most of the trl de-rusted, primed & silver paint. Had new pair of bearing buddies, after wheels off to degrease both sides. One hub loose , but new bearing inside , prior owner stopped about three turns short on the axle nut.!
... Sides of the hull got waxed.

. Inside work - started to cut / modify the engine box / dual sundeck paltform . Will have some sort of hatch swing covers, side tilt / or swing out partitions.? Orig design did not have the rear jump seats, wasted space & no way to work on eng except lean down. Some screws missing on pass windshild(Glad it did not fall off during transport. Clean out bee nests under dashboard. Wax dash . . Check eng for spark & actually fired on 3 cyl . Plugs had been too wide at .040 instead of .035. Rubber gas line going to fuel pump ,Too Large leaking thru screw clamp . Blower works. .......

Re:Late Model CITATION , Low Ball pkg 13 years 5 months ago #19728

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
She's getting there Larry, looking much better! I know you gotta be tired and sore after all that work, my back is screaming from a simple boat wash/scrub down. :ohmy:

Mark

Re:Late Model CITATION , Low Ball pkg 13 years 5 months ago #19937

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Nose Jack REPAIRED, pvc/ teflon bushing. Pick up day was unable to work the crank jack to hitch up or drain rain water out of the hull . I had one of these sit on top (HALE ?) jacks before, that I finally threw away about 3 weeks ago , cause the pinion gear inside was stripped off, unable to locate or modify another , or son to weld teeth on. .. Got around to unbolt / cut off the nose Sunday & underneath saw good pinion gear . Worm shaft also good & finally saw that if a BUSHING was inserted on the shaft it would hold position to elevate the pole . Found a thick piece of plastic & filed out the I.Dia to snug on the shaft. . If one removes the pole out of the housing , & unbolt the turn lever nut , it will push out to left (in the picture)& replace maybe another teflon bushing , similar ,(but not exact O.Dia as the Rear / outside bushing. Happy camper here & painted today. New jack can be found about $30 any Tractor Supply store.

. The trailer in rear has the other (Pivot) type raise jack . I usually wrap a bungee cord during travel as it always vibrates/ clangs on the side of trl frame. .Picture also has the start of my walk board /plank. Looks like it will hold the spare tire off to the side ,as this hull sits very low on trl. I am not a fan of puting the tire underneath as low clearance for driveway , railroad crossings, etc. Also tad heavy to hold up & start rebolt if alone.

.. Got some hanging wires(bilge pump) identified & 12 volts measured. Some fuse contacts cleaned ( all five fuses were there & good ) on dash panel .. found the key switch chrome nut. .Yea.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6917 guests and no members online