Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '71 Thunderbird Pacemaker w/ original 40hp Merc

'71 Thunderbird Pacemaker w/ original 40hp Merc 13 years 5 months ago #18133

Good Morning everyone! I am the new proud owner of the above mentioned boat! This boat is completely original and in great condition including the limited upholstery. I have contacted Formula, the company that purchased Thunderbird in 1972. Their archives only go back to 1972 so they have zero documentation of that boat. I can't find one article or example of the boat anywhere on the Internet. Does anyone have any information or documentation surrounding this boat? It seems to be fairly rare! I look forward to learning as much as I can and sharing as I bring her back to pristine condition. She is baby blue and white. She is now our "Lil' Blue Bird"!
Thanks,
J. Jeffrey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: '71 Thunderbird Pacemaker w/ original 40hp Merc 13 years 5 months ago #18140

Would really like to see pictures of your find,I had a 71 back in my east coast days. Thanks Jeff

Re: '71 Thunderbird Pacemaker w/ original 40hp Merc 13 years 5 months ago #18191

Will Do! My wife and I are taking her out tomorrow. We will publish a few pic after our outing. Do you have any documentation from your '71? I was totally amazed at the condition of this boat. It seems like it has only been in fresh water, never left in the water and always stored in a dry area. I can't wait to run her tomorrow!

Regards,
J. Jeffrey

Re: '71 Thunderbird Pacemaker w/ original 40hp Merc 13 years 5 months ago #18703

Well, we took her out and had a blast! The motor ran smooth as silk. We topped out around 23 miles per hours (via iPhone app). Not disappointed at all. The Kenwood stereo that seemed to have come with the boat since it was around the same age is on the fritz. Funny, an exact replacement for Kenwood cassette deck is $250 online!! Shaft design stereo with aux imput for iPhone/iPod, $30. Here are a few pics of her. Love to hear some feedback!

Regards,
Jeff

Re: '71 Thunderbird Pacemaker w/ original 40hp Merc 13 years 5 months ago #18705

Pic One
Attachments:

Re: '71 Thunderbird Pacemaker w/ original 40hp Merc 13 years 5 months ago #18706

Pic Two
Attachments:

Re:'71 Thunderbird Pacemaker w/ original 40hp Merc 13 years 5 months ago #18759

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
CLEAN rig there Nashville, (Chattanooga here). Thats the way to find them . Let the wife enjoy that picnic boat, & go back to the same neighborhood & find a James Bond Carlson,72-73, Evinrude 135hp to start JUMPING over roads.!

Again CONGRATS & Welcome.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6205 guests and one member online