Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '68 "Fabuglas"

'68 "Fabuglas" 13 years 9 months ago #11439

Bought this unit so I could salvage the old 'Gator' trailer and windhsield for a boat that I am building to suit my 1959 Mercury Mark 35A outboard that I have restored. The old '62 Mercury 700 inline six 70 hp just passed an 'on the water' test today.

Does anybody know anything about "Fabuglas" boats, this one would be available to someone very inexpensively, would rather see someone use it than have it become dumpster deposit.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: '68 "Fabuglas" 13 years 9 months ago #11593

Don't know too much about them, other than we had a dealer up the street and they sold many of them. Surely I have old brochures somewhere. They were well built, and conservative in design. Recall them from the mid to late 60s. I think the larger ones are classic in appearance and are truly beautiful. It pains me to hear of a fabuglas being used for parts...still some of those taylor replacement windshields around, and they pop up on craigslist sometimes. just a thought.

Re: '68 "Fabuglas" 13 years 9 months ago #11662

I would hate to see her go to a dumpster too, that's why I'm trying to find her a home. Have two boats already and building a third one from plans.

Have posted pics of my other 'old' boat in the Aluminium category.

The Fabuglas showed no signs of leakage on the sea trial and the gel coat and glass on the hull is pretty decent for a boat her age. The bottom of the motor well has a small hole or two in the glass and I don't know what the subfloor is like.

Found Fabuglas brochures on this site and eleswhere. Now I understand why the bottom of the motor well doesn't go down to the bottom of the hull. There's a separate enclosed area below the motor well bottom and the hull for extra flotation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)