Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1973 fiber form 28 fly bridge restore

1973 fiber form 28 fly bridge restore 8 years 8 months ago #113388

Hey all, being a previous owner of many older boats in the past I finally pulled the trigger on a large scale restore. Being a boat mechanic and having my finger on the pulse of the industry I made a clutch call and purchased this poor boat that had been on blocks in our yard for three years. It was on the verge of sinking due to severe electrolysis attacking the old On my way! Electric shift drive and gimbals seal. Long story short, I bought it for a mere thousand dollars and some of the hard work was done. The previous owner replace the gas tank before it was hauled out which required removing the whole interior of the cabin and the sliding glass door. ( an undertaking I'm glad I didn't have to do. ) I'll be posting pics soon. As of right now, the dilapidated drive, engine and the gaping hole left behind have been removed , patched and glassed back in and cut for a mercruiser system. The power plant has been upgraded from 170 hp originally to 300 hp with a donor balanced and blueprinted 350 Chevy and a matching alpha one gen 2 out drive with propping stlill unsure about til testing. I know she will float I'm just praying the power package will move the boat decently. Thanks for checking my post out and I'm also looking for some info on the boat model. It's 28, fly bridge with 10 ft beam.
Happy boating!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1973 fiber form 28 fly bridge restore 8 years 8 months ago #113392

Just another ugly bilge!

Re:1973 fiber form 28 fly bridge restore 8 years 8 months ago #113393

Re:1973 fiber form 28 fly bridge restore 8 years 8 months ago #113394

Eric the mecknick,

WELCOME ABOARD. - Sounds like a major undertaking.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1973 fiber form 28 fly bridge restore 8 years 8 months ago #113397

Do you need any deck hardware for it? I bought a 19 foot fibre form for its stern drive and seats and windshield. The rest of it is going to the landfill. Let me know you can have any of the other bits for shipping.

Re:1973 fiber form 28 fly bridge restore 8 years 8 months ago #113659

Lot's o' pics on Google. Sales brochures, too. Show us pics of yours!
Looks like a nice small cruiser. Should do mid to upper 20's with the new motor.
My 27' Owens, 5.7L 325HP straight inboard cruises at 18-22kts, with 28kts wide open.
Larry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6111 guests and no members online