Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: modifying 73 MFG Caprice

modifying 73 MFG Caprice 13 years 9 months ago #11282

I have replaced everything in my boat from hull up to floor.Now I want to put in some different type of seats and maybe build in some storage compartments and a newer looking dash.Has anyone done anything like this and has any pics they could share to help me out.I am not sure but I think someone added larger fuel tanks so I couldn't find the lounge seats that would fit.I need some ideas on how to build something to cover fuel tanks with a little storage on top and be able to pivot or tip seats up or over to access fuel tanks.Any radical or normal ideas would be really appreciated as I have been stumped on this too long.Maybe I am over thinking it.Not sure whether to use 3/4 plywood or 1/2 like what was there.Any nice ideas on storage compartments under gunwhales would be great also.

New Here and think I will like this place for the experience others have.Thanx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: modifying 73 MFG Caprice 13 years 8 months ago #11594

Later MFGs used a tank located in the center of the vee rather than those square metal tanks mounted under the seats. A friend also bought a low profile and slid it under the rear transom well, and it worked quite nicely. It eliminated those crazy hoses going under the lounge seats. Just two ideas for you to consider to give some flexibility in the seating in your boat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6733 guests and one member online