Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plaque

Plaque 9 years 6 months ago #100841

This is my 1975 Cobalt. My dad bought it new when I was 13 years old and we have had it ever since. It looks like new on the inside. That being said, the only thing I am looking for is the plaque that is on the outside by the name "Cobalt". It is a thin metal and should be a vibrant blue with the Cobalt emblem. There is one on each side. i called Cobalt and they were not any help at all. I was hoping someone on here would have any suggestions.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Plaque 9 years 6 months ago #100842

Sorry everyone. the picture file was too big to send. I will try to send it again. Ok. i got it. Sorry its my first post here.

Re:Plaque 9 years 6 months ago #100866

That's a nice looking rig. I like the convertible top. As for the plaque, I've seen some vintage car guys who carefully hand painted the colors back in. I'm not that detail oriented but it can be done.

Re:Plaque 9 years 6 months ago #100871

beautiful boat

we have a 76 cobalt that was seriously neglected for a long time before it followed me home one day.

i have repainted emblems for older cars before,not my idea of a good time but worth the effort.

Re:Plaque 9 years 6 months ago #100885

Thanks for the replies. I honestly never thought of doing that but it sounds like a good idea.

Re:Plaque 9 years 6 months ago #101077

YOu may want to visit your local sign company. My sign company makes a lot of decals for me as she has access to compay logos. If you have copy of what you need, the may be able to reproduce them for you. As for the plaques, I will hunt for some when I am in Des Moines next week. I know of an old boat junk yard that I can check.

Re:Plaque 9 years 6 months ago #101085

That's very nice of you to do that. I have looked but it doesn't seem like anyone knows what a Cobalt is around here. I will get a better picture of it so you know what it is supposed to look like. The one on the engine compartment still has all its colors.

Re:Plaque 9 years 6 months ago #101176

This is a better view of what I am looking for.
Attachments:

Re:Plaque 9 years 6 months ago #101212

It does sound like a good winter project involving "Testors" paint and a fine brush....LOL...I can still smell the glue!
She looks very nice. Being born in '61 I've always remembered those beautiful thick,white COBALT steering wheels!

Good Luck
Luv and Beer
Kurt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6420 guests and one member online