Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post bugs, suggestions and likes/dislikes about features of this site.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What Happened??

What Happened?? 6 years 2 months ago #135624

• ed-mc
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
So what happened this time? The entire site was offline for days, no explanation. Glad to see it's back up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What Happened?? 6 years 2 months ago #135628

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I think Ken wanted to drive me over the edge. I was going stir crazy now I'm there. I started remodeling my work area, adding some walls and finally pitching "stuff" that I was going to use "some day". Getting boxes of things together for the meet at Kosh this spring.
Glad to see the site back up and that it was not a fatal whoops.

What Happened?? 6 years 2 months ago #135639

I have found that everything is loading up really slowly.
I use a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus if that helps.

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

What Happened?? 6 years 2 months ago #135640

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Better check your connections. I'm using an old HP laptop that came with Vista and connected with wifi three rooms away and site loads great.

What Happened?? 6 years 2 months ago #135642

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Loading slower than before with the IPhone 6 as well. Wireless laptop stuff working fine. Not really a problem...several seconds to load each new navigation now and used to be almost instantaneous. As long as I have access, I can wait... withdraws don’t set in until I can’t access site lol. Took 15 seconds to load this. Then 17 seconds to re-load to go back and edit. Wish my boat was this quick to W.O.T. .

Dr.Go!

What Happened?? 6 years 1 month ago #135658

It is still working very slowly on my newer Dell desktop. I forgot how frustrating that is and how impatient I have become with my advancing "maturity".
Bill

What Happened?? 6 years 1 month ago #135659

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Wow Bill, haven't seen you around here in ages. Must be digging out from the snow yet.
The site seems to load up normal for me, whatever normal is. I push a button and what I want instantly appears. Either that or I'm just used to things being a little slower. I guess I'm just old school yet. Old laptop, dumb phone, car radio with AM/FM, cassette, and a single CD slot. Love to listen to my Buddy Holley tapes and the Electric Prunes.
I thoroughly dislike tech stuff in cars, I miss the days when you could fix a engine problem with an 8" crescent and flat head screwdriver. I have timing lights that can't be used anymore, I did buy an OBD engine data reader with ABS though and that is probably already outdated.
If it takes 15/17 seconds to load up or switch pages for me that would be just another sip of coffee.
And yes, The admiral still writes letters and sends out greeting cards for birthdays and anniversaries. :)

What Happened?? 6 years 1 month ago #135669

Hi Cal,
I've been here, but just lurking in the weeds. I agree with you on the dumb phone ( with no texting ), car stereo, ect. As for the snow, it has been in short supply on this side of the state. I have only used my snowblower twice, and one of those was just to see if it still worked. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining being that I still drive for a living. As of last fall, that 115 Merc still pushes my Thompson right along.
Glad to see the site is back up ( I couldn't log on yesterday ) and it seems a little faster.
Bill

What Happened?? 6 years 1 month ago #135680

All I know is that after all the updates, the site was really fast and now it is very slow, for me anyway. I don't get it.

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

What Happened?? 6 years 1 month ago #135681

• ed-mc
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Pawpaws Boat wrote: All I know is that after all the updates, the site was really fast and now it is very slow, for me anyway. I don't get it.

Most of the time it's slow-loading, and then there are some times when it just won't load at all. Not a very good update!

But I'm happy that my login is fixed and it's working well!

What Happened?? 6 years 1 month ago #135686

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I'M Ken is aware of the issue and working on it. I see it was down for a short time last evening. A little slack.

What Happened?? 6 years 1 month ago #135696

• ed-mc
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Been having problems for quite some time now, the time for "slack" is over. If the mods don't get the site tuned-up, we're gonna start losing users and then it'll die a slow death.

The site is still very slow to login-to from my PC with 100 broadband, and slow within as well. Here's the latest error for the Non-Functional Glassics Library:

MediaWiki 1.28 internal error

Installing some PHP extensions is required.
Required components

You are missing a required extension to PHP that MediaWiki requires to run. Please install:

iconv (more information)

What Happened?? 6 years 1 month ago #135711

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Sorry about the site, sometimes you take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. I'll get it back to normal asap. It get's complicated. Kinda like working on 3 boats and 5 engines at once.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6969 guests and 3 members online