Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mercruiser Trim Pump?

Mercruiser Trim Pump? 3 years 6 months ago #97133

Would this be the correct forum for questions about mercruisers? Or is it just for mercury outboards. I have questions about mercruiser trim pump.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mercruiser Trim Pump? 3 years 6 months ago #97164

Hi,
Please ask your questions, and I or someone else can give them a try. If you are in the US and wish to speak by phone instead, you can send me an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your phone number (or I can provide you mine).

A Happy 4th To All,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting

Re:Mercruiser Trim Pump? 3 years 6 months ago #97179

Sorry, just wanted to make sure I had the right forum.

My question concerns the trim pump on my 83 mercruiser 120. I have everything wired up and connected. The cylinders are out so the outboard is raised, but when I try to lower it I get nothing. I can hear the pump motor spinning and I even pulled a hose to make sure it was pumping and it was, yet the outboard will not move. I assume it is fully up. I have read to add oil while in the down position so I'm guessing that's why the dipstick shows low. There Isn't A Remote Tank anywhere. All I see is the pump itself and what I guess to be the reservoir directly under it (in the shape of a large oil filter) surely this is a simple problem I'm just new to the matter . So the motor is turning but no movement. Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Oh and i almost forgot, i am in the process of fixing up the boat at the moment so i have not purchased a proper battery so for testing purposes I'm using my trolling motor batrery. It has 750 cranking amps and 109 amp hours @1amp. I wasn't sure if possibly the battery simply was not strong enough to power the pump even at full charge.

Re:Mercruiser Trim Pump? 3 years 6 months ago #97237

Well nevermind. I got home from work today and my 16 year old son had the trim fixed. He tore it down and put it back together and it worked. I didn't ask anymore questions. Haha. He's rewiring the boat now. Awesome.. wish I could help tonight. But I have the little one with me.

Re:Mercruiser Trim Pump? 3 years 6 months ago #97379

Awesome!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

titles in hand
( / Boats)