Glad to see this. 13 years 2 months ago #25272

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am glad to see this here in FG.
I'll start it out;
Here is my old reliable 1970 17' Sabrecraft 120 Mercruiser I/O.
This is my $200 boat.
Impellor, carb kit, tuneup, thermostat, oil and filter and elbow grease. I run a 19 pitch aluminum standard run of the mill prop.
She runs 35 to 37 at 3100 to 3200 on the tach. 12 gallon tank in the bow will run us all the do da day.
Just right for cruisin' with my bride.
Neil
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re: Glad to see this. 13 years 2 months ago #25291

Indeed.
I think we needed this forum to round out our coverage. So many cool boats of the 60's and 70's ran stern drives and while glass is glass and rotten stringers are - well - rotten...the drives need a home of their own :~)

I'll be posting what I have on OMC drives - we're working on a spot for all that.

Re:Glad to see this. 13 years 1 month ago #25542

I've got a 1970 Starcraft Offshore, 18-1/2 foot aluminum. It's got the 3.0 140 hp mercruiser in it. I'll be splashing it this spring after working on it all last summer.

I can't wait to see what the little chevy does with that aluminum hull. The 2.5 & 3.0 liters run great and get good gas milage. Back in the 60's and 70's GM made some good stuff. America made some good stuff back then.

Re:Glad to see this. 13 years 1 month ago #25558

Bwana Don wrote:

I've got a 1970 Starcraft Offshore, 18-1/2 foot aluminum. It's got the 3.0 140 hp mercruiser in it. I'll be splashing it this spring after working on it all last summer.

I can't wait to see what the little chevy does with that aluminum hull. The 2.5 & 3.0 liters run great and get good gas milage. Back in the 60's and 70's GM made some good stuff. America made some good stuff back then.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't have fun with a little 4 cyl eng. This must be true, because now Volvo has dropped them from the product lineup. Actually, I can't even imagine being seen with or having fun with something that isn't big, new & expensive.

Peter, back me up here.

Jim

Re:Glad to see this. 13 years 1 month ago #25560

Absolutely. I'll bet my Tribal Tattoo on it. I mean all you have to do is go to the lake - reservoir - wherever you boat - in summer and look around you. 24' Crown Line's as far as the eye can see...brimming with enthusiastic young people eagerly filling their Fat Sacks in preparation for the fantastic time they'll soon have wake boarding.
Can't push a big wake with a 4 cylinder I/O now can you?

Pop Quiz - guess which boat is mine!

Attachments:

Re:Glad to see this. 13 years 1 month ago #25565

Peter_Crowl wrote:

Pop Quiz - guess which boat is mine!

The yellow one.

Re:Glad to see this. 13 years 1 month ago #25672

I watch all the cigarette type boats with thier mylar wrap exteriers. I can't help but wish I was one of them. My rule is get off of Lake St. Clair by 11:00 am.

My nephew has a tribal tattoo. I tell him "hey you have the same tattoo as Pamela Anderson". If he gets smart with me I just reach out and grab his nipple rings. Stops him in his tracks every time.

Re:Glad to see this. 13 years 1 month ago #25731

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok I think I can type now!! Im laughing so hard!! That is hilarious!!

[
b]Bwana Don wrote:[/b]

I watch all the cigarette type boats with thier mylar wrap exteriers. I can't help but wish I was one of them. My rule is get off of Lake St. Clair by 11:00 am.

My nephew has a tribal tattoo. I tell him "hey you have the same tattoo as Pamela Anderson". If he gets smart with me I just reach out and grab his nipple rings. Stops him in his tracks every time.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9415 guests and 2 members online