Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa.

Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 11 months ago #61299

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Here is the one that you beenlooking for!!! spokane.craigslist.org/boa/3014047043.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 11 months ago #61302

I would be all over this if I wouldnt be drawn and quartered for bringing home another project. That thing looks way cool.

Nick

1961 Uniflite 19' Express, Bearcat 55 powered
1975 Chris Craft 25' Tournament Fisherman, Twin 181 FL inboard

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 11 months ago #61303

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i don't know squat about fiberglass work, but i see hacks and slashes along with several cracks at what i imagine to be pretty inconvenient locations. definetly sweet looking! not ridiculously far away either... hmm.

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 11 months ago #61309

It looks like they were gonna put one of them super short squat motors on it. I would love to have it, just too far away right now. Skip

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 11 months ago #61436

I went and looked at it and the transom is mush. The whole area they cut out is still with the boat and could be reconstructed. Hull in great shape. Lots of holes and hacks around the deck. I have enough to keep me busy right now - so I was able to walk away. How - I don't know...

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 11 months ago #61444

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I think I will wander up there and take a peak. What the heck. The stand is probably worth $40 in firewood!! Sooner or later someone will be looking for one of these. They are cool boats. (Boy if that isn't hoarder, I mean collector, mentality!!)

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 11 months ago #61453

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
looks like a reinell Jet Flight

woodyboater.com/classic-boat-shows/the-chris-craft-antique-boat-club-comes-back-in-full-force-in-texas/

sweet looking thing. the wife even looked over my shoulder and made "oooh!" noises. she quickly realized she was encouraging me and ran off. once she had collected herself, she made sure to return and let me know that since the whole family couldn't fit in it, i wasn't allowed to drive to spokane and get it...

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 11 months ago #61751

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I called on this and it was sold. Missed it by a few hours.
Driving to work today and got a phone call from the owner. The buyer was a no show. I will be picking it up this coming Sunday.
There is already a gentleman interested in it from me so it may be moving on to a new home that will treat her right. Pics when I get her home.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 10 months ago #62219

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
She is home. Bare hull only.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 10 months ago #62238

Well it don't look to bad there Neil. Looks like it may be a easy project. Was there any trim with the boat, I know that the trim for these things are hard to find. I got rid of one 4 yrs ago cause I couldn't find any trim. The person I sold it to finnally found some after 2 yrs looking. So good luck with it. Skip. ;)

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 10 months ago #62242

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Skip
I got it just as she looks. Bare naked. he owner bought it that way 2 years ago. All of the pop rivets on the deck have been removed. The deck is held on by 4 easy bolts, then split it. So, that part is done. Transom and floor need done. It is not a total basket case, but far from being a complete boat. I figured the hull was worth the price. You don't see them often. But that in itself will make it hard to find the parts.
I have a gentleman interested. He has been searching for a while for one. I hope he ends up with it just for that reason. We just have to iron out the details. If not, I will just shelf it and wait.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 10 months ago #62244

Neil,

Man am I glad that I didn't see that listing! I'm happy that the boat has been saved. It looks to have been stripped just recently -there is still dirty marks where the rubrail and hardware were. I see the steering wheel sitting under the bow deck. Did the person strip it & to restore & lost interest?? It's going to be a big job recreating the center deck and the splashwell, but the boat is more than worthy of Restoration. I still have to put the transom and floor back in mine, but I'm fortunate that my Reinell was complete.

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 10 months ago #62245

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Bruce
The guy I got it from said he had it for two years and it was like this when he got it. He may have had it covered, I don't know. The wheel is the only part of the steering that is left. I do have a wheel and hub the same as this one. I believe that the guy before this one was the one that stripped it and started. But he must have kept the trim pieces. And Bruce I believe that yours was the first Jetflight that I ever saw. I believe it was in a picture of your "stash". I remembered it. I hope to see yours in the future.
I have been on the phone tonight with the gentleman who is interested and we struck a deal. I was so glad to hear from him in that he was excited to have found this boat. I sincerely think he will get this girl back on the water, where it belongs. I am just happy to have been the courier to bring this boat and appreciative owner together. Another one saved.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Reinell with wings in Spokane, Wa. 11 years 10 months ago #62265

Neil,

The boat will be in good hands. He is a good friend of mine & very excited to have this opportunity to dave a Jetflight. A mold of the center deck and splashwell will likely be splashed from my boat or the one belonging to Larry McKay at Vintage Boatworks in Bakersfield. The rubrail andf trim can be gleaned from junk boats -it just takes time to find the right ones. I saved the pattern for the transom core that I made, so that will be handy. I am working with a friend on making windshields for these. We'll use the cracked one from my boat as a pattern. New finds like this, are really fun.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)