Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finned Scottie-Craft boat for free in VA

Finned Scottie-Craft boat for free in VA 12 years 1 week ago #57606

I just found out that the guy wants it gone. I know very little about it but here's what I do know.

Condition 1-10 with 10 being A+++ This boat is a 4
The curved windshield looks like it's in good condition. Has a second one that has a crack about 8 inches.

Good news: Hull seems ok.

Bad news: When they pulled it off the trailer yesterday they did a lot of damage to the cap and some to the transom. Damage to cap is the rear crossmember/splashwell/seatback, it's broke in two places. Transom has two cracks in it. Boat has been sitting uncovered since 1980's for FULL restore on Stringers, Transom and floor is required. Unknown title situation...but it is for free.

Location: East of Richmond, VA close to I-295 and Route 5 (New Market Road)

If you're seriously interested please PM me, I can go take photos and get the guy's phone number for you. He's talking about taking it to the landfill soon so action needs to be taken soon.

Description of the style: 12-15 ft., fiberglass, front seats have fiberglass molded backs with walk-through between them. Looks like it could have had a bench seat in the rear but I'm not sure (no fiberglass molding there) There is now no engine on it (the guy who took the trailer also took the OB to scrap for $$. Has curved windshield no cracks that I can see, it also has glass wing vents on the sides of the windshield.
I was thinking about stopping to see if they wanted to get rid of it but never did until today after I saw the boat had moved. Guy told me I could have had the boat/OB/trailer for free had I stopped.(that sucks). It's just too big of a project for me to deal with now. Replacing Stringers, Transom and floor is one thing but the cap repair is going to take some time to get right.
Again, contact me via PM ONLY if you're seriously interested in getting it.
Thanks,
Jeff
PS: New to the site, will post intro later tonight or in the morning. I've got a 1971 MG15 Crestliner (1 yr. production) I posted a photo in the gallery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Finned Scottie-Craft boat for free in VA 12 years 1 week ago #57609

Welcome aboard River Lizard! Sounds like you're right in the thick of it. Post some pics of your Crestliner!

Frank

Re:Finned Scottie-Craft boat for free in VA 12 years 1 week ago #57610

Here's my short intro will do more this weekend. [url=http://http://www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/15-the-70s-disco-fiber/57608-1971-mg15-crestliner]Lizard's intro and Crestliner photo[/url]

Re:Finned Scottie-Craft boat for free in VA 12 years 6 days ago #57952

I've decided that I'm going to go pick this boat up myself and store it on my property and maybe in 2 or 3 years I'll just completely redo it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)