Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Glassic Ouch IMHO

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 1 month ago #135773

• Dr.Go!
  • Dr.Go!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 4 weeks ago #135779

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
You gotta really hate carp to spend that kind of money. Thinking outside the box... If you hang fish on an archery target and shoot at them in your backyard, you could save $5,000....or am I missing the point, assuming there is one.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 4 weeks ago #135783

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Good point. If the army of Carp shooters are getting bow practice and all trying to reduce the Carp population, cool. I really haven’t had a chance to talk to the Carp hunters to see what they do with them. Pickle them, or ??? We have lots of Carp in our rivers and the Mississippi. Up north the rivers seems to have suckers instead of Carp. I see Carp shooting boats all over the state. I prefer perch and Crappy to eat and doesn’t require building a deck with lights and a generator with lighting... must have had a cheap old hot rod boat to work with, but I am sure someone would have rather put a big johnrude or Merc on that for a fun time machine. If they love it and it’s cheap fun, then I guess they are doing everyone a favor since I don’t think Carp will end up extinct from it. Just not used to seeing a hot rod boat conversion. You don’t find metallic green every day.

Dr.Go!

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 3 weeks ago #135796

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I actually enjoyed fishing those monsters on the lower fox river in green bay. Catch and release, armor plate scales. They are bottom feeders so ya gotta really be careful that you aren't eating pollution. They are good smoked but very difficult to light.

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 3 weeks ago #135808

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Saw on the news that they are back to dredging the Fox river to get the PCBs out. Do they recruit schools of Carp to help. I saw one roll last year that must have been 15-20 pounds. Give it another hundred years and they should be chemical free... not my thing. The boaters they talked to in the news about the dredging said they are all heading out for Walleyes far away from where they are dredging. I figured if those 800 foot ships can come up that river, it should be plenty deep for a Glassic.

Dr.Go!

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 3 weeks ago #135813

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
The Fox river is actually a premier fishing spot in spring. Most local anglers go for spring walleye catch and release, if you keep them they must be somewhere in the 25" range. Some days you can practically walk across the water on the boats. I'll give you a tour this summer if you come to the GB boat show. We'll put in at my local landing and motor to GB and up the river. Can even go through some locks.
Bass tourneys in the summer, record northern and muskey.

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 3 weeks ago #135820

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Sign us up, Cal. I for sure need a guide as I have never been on Green Bay, nor have I navigated the Fox River in Green Bay. Saw where a kid caught and released what may have been a world record Musky or pretty close. He was 12 and it looked like he was wrestling a baby alligator. That is a powerful fish for little fresh water fish. Would be cool to park at those riverfront docks. However, not so sure after I saw last year’s news video of a ship crushing and sinking a new 17’ fishing boat against the docks trying to pass through the lift- bridge with a cross wind. It wasn’t even my boat and still almost made me sick.

Dr.Go!

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 3 weeks ago #135824

not as much fun when they fight back

or maybe it's more fun :)

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 3 weeks ago #135826

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I have seen that craziness before about those Asian Jumping Carp. Never thought you would need a helmet. Guess if you tried waterskiing, you would need a helmet, cup and padded wet suit and call it an extreme sport. No thanks.

Dr.Go!

A Glassic Ouch IMHO 6 years 3 weeks ago #135827

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Not in the lower Fox yet but as long as Chicago keeps draining their sewage into Lake Michigan they will show up.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5800 guests and no members online