Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Many sightings

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133636

WOW!!!
What a cool bunch of classics!
Thanks for taking the time to post all the links.
doc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133642

• STN19
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
agreed what a great selection of classics for sale

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133649

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Ditto. When I was done looking, I felt like a dad with kids walking out of a puppy rescue shelter... you want to take every one home.

Dr.Go!

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133650

I did take one home. 1960 American Marc Stardust with a Mercury 700. Needs work but should keep me out of trouble for a while.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: frog, joecffv@aol.com

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133663

They don't show the front of that Norfolk Glastron and I'm wondering after looking over and over if that's a tri-hull design ?? It doesn't seem to come to a point anywhere so maybe tunnels or a semi-V ? I was hoping that was Norfolk County, close enough to look. Smiling to avoid giant emoji's !

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133669

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Interesting boat. I saw one in person last year. It looks like a tri-hull front end. If you look at side shot, the chine has a notch up relief...the back is mostly a vee bottom, but you can see that small reverse chine to help lift and direct spray. Almost gives that throw back concept of rear driving positions of boats of the late 50's, early 60's that helped reduce drag with driver closer to rear. That rig looks WAY nicer than the one I saw. Kind of a cool "you don't see every day" kind of boat. Good luck if you go check it out.

Dr.Go!

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133671

Too far away. Too rich for my blood right now. sigh. It's definitely different from most Glastron's I've seen.

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133672

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I agree, those early GT 160s are beautiful boats. I wanted one as a kid when they came out in 1968 (still do but they're too rich for my blood too). They only made them for 2 years. Very tough boat to find these days and they seem to have quite a price on them when they're for sale. I think they used that same or similar hull design in 1970 when they made the starflite. I think they are somewhat of a compromise between a V and a tri hull.

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133677

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I have seen a green and white (or cream) colored one at the Tomahawk, Wisconsin national antique outboard motor show a few times and believe it was for sale. Don't think it had a big price. It was weathered but was a working running rig with an in- line 6 ... thinking a 115. Maybe if I go again next August, I should post "for sale " boats on the sightings forum. You never know who might find something they want. Looks like a good "do all" kind of boat! Ever since the Bond movie Live and let die, glastrons have always got my attention. They sold well in Wisconsin in the late 60's through 70's. Saw at least one at every boating outing and usually it was several.

Dr.Go!

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133680

Always loved Glastron's too. My CVX-18 bowrider went like the dickens. 63 mph from the dealer. But it had a point on it that the seagulls feared greatly. When we put a blower on it the speeds were too high for our 100mph speedo but it was the scariest hull in the water over 80. Nothing but prop and a lot of surface area under it. Now a 40HP on my Humber makes me smile so at least the hobbies cheaper ! I had hoped to build the G-3 I inherited for speed but I'm trying to find a new home for it. It's free to anyone who will restore it and get it wet. That Bond jump still stands as the record and that's why I got my CVX. But I really dug the blue one with the upside down headers. Have a great night.

Many sightings 6 years 7 months ago #133688

I wandered around asking people about who owned that GT-160 at Tomahawk for quite a while. I didn't see any price on it, no luck finding the owner. Maybe next year..

Stay calm. Move on.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat