Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chevybilt /Peterlet...

Chevybilt /Peterlet... 10 years 3 months ago #87734

• DLB68
  • DLB68's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok so it's a 1987 chasis ,350 V8 4 bolt 4 brl 4 sp with an 89 Peterbilt cab, Hand made hood and fenders with a 50 inch flat top sleeper. What the heck should I put on the 1099A form when i take it to the Highway Patrol for inspection and Title?Is it a Peterlet or a ChevyBilt, Maybe i should get some Kenworth Breathers and call it a ChevyKenLet LOL ... Anyway this will be a fun project , I figure i have spent years thinking about it , It's about time i shut up and put up .. Here are the pieces i have to work with so far.And a close rendition of what i have in mind once it is completed.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keeping History Alive , is all we can hope for.We take only the memories when we leave,The wake of waves lives on.

Re:Chevybilt /Peterlet... 10 years 3 months ago #87737

that looks like a really cool project. I have a cab from a 61 Emreyville that I would like to do somthing similar with using a dodge chasis and a B model cummins. My dads buddy built a camper from a80's frieghtliner tractor. then put pete emblems on it . We call it the Peterliner. it is surprising how many people think it really is a peterbilt. good luck . keep us updated.

Re:Chevybilt /Peterlet... 10 years 3 months ago #87751

• DLB68
  • DLB68's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have access to an Emeryville ( coffin Cab ) The one with the sleeper that is just big enough for an average person to interloc their fingers behind their head and about 18 inches tall ... My original idea was to restore it .But finding correct parts for it would be a never ending flight . Anyway, This should fall together pretty quick,I will keep things posted !

Keeping History Alive , is all we can hope for.We take only the memories when we leave,The wake of waves lives on.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6911 guests and one member online