Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New tug

New tug 10 years 8 months ago #81456

Got it a week ago today. 2013 Escape with the 2 liter ecoboost motor putting out 240 hp. Got it with the factory tow package, good for 3500#s and 350#s tongue weight.

Gonna peddle the 2009 GMC Canyon, and our old travel trailer and order one of these custom: www.parkliner.com/

Keeping the Subaru Outback with 2700#s tow capacity for the old Power Cat. She follows the Subaru with no problems!

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New tug 10 years 8 months ago #81465

way to go Frank...very nice. ron

Re:New tug 10 years 8 months ago #81481

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice.... I've looked at that, too. I like the towing capacity- And the economy when you're not towing. I'd be interested in seeing how you feel about it once you've done some towing...

Re:New tug 10 years 8 months ago #81491

Well done Frank, very good plan.

Bob

Re:New tug 10 years 8 months ago #81526

nice car frank.and a really cool camper,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New tug 10 years 8 months ago #81545

Thanks guys! Heck, it's only money...

It is recommended not to tow for 1,000 miles, and we'll probably wait 1,500 just from an overwhelming sense of caution. Our initial take on it is very positive. We set the tongue of the trailer we want to buy on it, and the back went down less than an inch. For such a small vehicle, it has amazing power and get up and go.

I think we'll keep using the Subaru Outback for towing the Power Cat. It has a 2,700# tow capacity, and no problem towing the boat. We wanted something that would give us good gas mileage and be a tug for a lightweight fiberglass trailer. The one we want to buy weighs 2,100#s dry, and I have a feeling we won't have any problems towing it with this tug. Right now, it looks as if that will be next April or May. I hope to sell the GMC and Sunline trailer within the next few weeks, and then we'll have some cash again and can order the trailer we want.

Frank

Re:New tug 10 years 8 months ago #81552

Well being a big Blue Oval fan from having so many with over 300,000 on them with good MPG to boot, I am happy for you. My son had the earlier version and loved it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6501 guests and one member online