Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: shoulder surgery went well.

shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73766

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
,im trying to type this left handed,i got home from the hospital at about 7 pm last night,i had the right shoulder operated on,really swollen up now,i thought i was tough,lol,but this making me feel like a sissy,lol.they drilled some holes in my bones to get out calsifacation,ground out arthritus,took out a bone spur that was jagging into my mussle/tendon and ground down my clavicle. i really appreciate the prayers and well wishes,thank you all.boy this took a long time to type left handed and one fingered,lol,john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73768

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
glad to hear it went well. in no time your right arm will be good as new and then you can use a finger from that hand and be able to type twice as fast. lol. just glad to hear your doing better. oh by the way you will be getting something in the mail, but i need your address, i seem to have missplaced it. you can e-mail it to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. take care buddy and talk later. frog

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73774

I'm glad to hear it went well and wish you a fast recovery. :)

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73776

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Glad you're on the mend now. Don't skimp on the therapy but don't over-do it either. Look at the positive side....your digits are still working. :-)

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73780

good to hear things went well. guess the only downside is that you will only be able to post half as much for awhile. :laugh:

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73781

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
frog wrote:

glad to hear it went well. in no time your right arm will be good as new and then you can use a finger from that hand and be able to type twice as fast. lol. just glad to hear your doing better. oh by the way you will be getting something in the mail, but i need your address, i seem to have missplaced it. you can e-mail it to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. take care buddy and talk later. frog

thanks frog,but 2 finger typing is way beyond my capibilites,lol.
i sent you an email buddy,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73782

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks robert,how is your new knee?
thanks cal,at least 1 digit is working,lol.
thanks skipp,but i think alot of folks would consider that an upside,hee hee,john

---Mark Twain

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73787

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Glad all went well. I hope your recovery to full use is short.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73801

Oh I ditched the walker today. My movement is fine backwards and I'm at 108 degrees forward. Still sore. I quit therapy, I was already doing what they wanted. I did it before. Dr is pleasantly surprised by my progress when I went yesterday. I've not taken a pain pill in three days. I just put up with the pain. It is there but I've have pain all the time with my back so what's the difference.

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73804

John,
Sorry late to this. I'm glad all went well. We've praying it would go smoothly. ;) As has been said, do all the therapy but don't over do it. I know you want to get back to your projects but make sure your completely healed first.

Bob

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73808

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you shelby.
thank you bob.
i just woke up completly soaking wet,i must have had a fever,lol

robert im very happy your doing well,john

---Mark Twain

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73810

I woke up about 3:3o am John and I was dreaming that since I'm not supposed to drive I was riding a kids 20 inch bike and was going to Indiana. And traffic was horrible. I would not recommend it. :woohoo: What a stupid dream.I think I'll go start my truck today.I wonder if I can get on my 4 wheeler.

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73811

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
One of the heart meds I take has a warning that one side effect is "unusual" dreams. Haven't fallen off any cliffs yet but weird ones do occur. I'll check my bike tires just in case. :-)

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73816

john, happy to hear all went well. occasionally i will wake up and find the pillow wet. never crossed my mind that it was from a fever. can you get a fever while sleeping and wake up and its gone? wonder what would cause it. oh well gotta go outside now and chop a hole in the ice. the pond heater crapped out. ice is probably 3" thick. take care bud. ron

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73820

I drove my truck and 4 wheeler. LOL :woohoo:

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73865

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
im glad you took your doctors advice,lol
i cant drive yet my shoulder doesnt move much yet.
my doctor said i would have a 1 inch insision,it turns out its about 3 1/2 inches,took the bandages off yesterday,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73867

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
vuyosevich wrote:

john, happy to hear all went well. occasionally i will wake up and find the pillow wet. never crossed my mind that it was from a fever. can you get a fever while sleeping and wake up and its gone? wonder what would cause it. oh well gotta go outside now and chop a hole in the ice. the pond heater crapped out. ice is probably 3" thick. take care bud. ron

ron i think your having dreams and drooling,lol.
all i know is that when a high fever breaks you sweat,john

---Mark Twain

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73868

now that you mention it i have had a few good dreams lately. boy i'm glad its not wet down below. i don't think anyone dreams more than me, and i remember them when i wake up.lol

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #73878

I want to know how well it works for you John. I suspect I have the same problem. Just don't chop any holes in the ice yet. :lol: Are you needing therapy for that? I have no idea how intrusive it really is. How much trauma does it cause to the body? Healing take time. Here is my little scar.
Attachments:

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #74109

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
sorry robert,i didnt see this until now,thats quite a big scar buddy.
as for shoulder surgery,i guess it depends on what the surgeon has to do,but i can tell you that mine is coming along pretty good,im moving it more,but i had a small setback because stupid me lifted a full garbage can into and out of my truck,i hurt it and it set me back a little.
i have had knee surgery twice and in my opinion the shoulder is worse for me,it moves in too many directions,but then again my knee surgery didnt include a total knee replacement.
my 1st knee surgery was after i was shot in the knee with a 22 cal. rifle(long story)at age 18,then a orthoscopy surgery last year.get well soon robert,john

---Mark Twain

Re:shoulder surgery went well. 11 years 2 months ago #74112

Glad you made out okay John. I think you know I've had both shoulders operated on, both rotator cuffs, one separate surgery for arthritis, one shoulder they had to remove and re-attach tendons. I never got back to 100% on either shoulder, far from it, but rarely have pain anymore unless I overdo it. Best therapy I can suggest is a puppy and pull toys...

Next, at least from what the doc says, is knees. I've had both operated on, and they tell me I need new ones. I'm trying to prove them wrong, but my right knee apparently refuses to play along. My back hurts a lot too, but ya know what? I'm still getting up in the morning, and right now I'm at work having a cinnamon bun and cup of joe. No complaints!

Best of luck to you!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7131 guests and no members online