Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: LIonel trains....

LIonel trains.... 11 years 4 months ago #72733

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
if anyone is interested in lionel trains for their kids, give me a call. ron 201-843-1347

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:LIonel trains.... 11 years 4 months ago #72740

I have one. I love it at this time of year.
Attachments:

Re:LIonel trains.... 11 years 4 months ago #72742

My dad and uncle each had a set. Even had the big four track bullet style transformer. Have to talk to my step mom and see if she ever found them yet.

Bob

Re:LIonel trains.... 11 years 4 months ago #72814

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I used to be deep into O Gauge trains. (I get on these "kicks.") I was never much on scenery...track is where it's at! I wasn't doing model railroading, I was playing with trains! At one point, I had 52 engines and at least twice as many cars. The train room is 12'x14' but I went through the wall into the shop and called that my tunnel. When I ran out of horizontal room, I went vertical. Eventually, I had four levels...five if you count the track that ran around the ceiling. I could run nine trains at once and store eight more on sidings. When I realized that I wasn't using the train room for months at a time and times were tough a few years ago, I sold all but three engines and about 20 cars. All the track is still intact in the train room but these days, I use the room as a dust-free area to dry fresly-varnished mahogany pieces. Too many interests, too little money and too little time. Here's a photo of the twins in the train room back in 2004.

Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:LIonel trains.... 11 years 4 months ago #72820

I had an HO set up on a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood. Trees, hills, pond, homemade grass. I used to stain fine sawdust and mix with clear glue and make little sections at a time. The different shades of tint made it look more real. When in storage against the wall I had it covered. Then I was growing up and girls caught my eye, got married and moved out. I went back and went to pull the train out when my boy oldest boy was a few years old and the cover had slipped off. It was covered with a thick layer of dust. It would not come off with a shop vac and brushing it made it worst. I got mad and torn it apart and never put it back. When my youngest boy got interested I gave it all to him. He still has most.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)