Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crooked cop!

Crooked cop! 11 years 4 months ago #72319

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I can't believe this. We've all heard stories of how someone got ticketed when they were not breaking the law. It just happened to me! Construction zone on I-10, area where speeding fines are doubled, posted speed 45, I was doing 45 (my speedometer has been verified twice by GPS and is one mph off). Motorcycle cop follows me for a mile at 45mph, then hits the flashers. Tells me he clocked me at 56 in a 45, writes me a $120 ticket. I told him politely before he wrote me up that there was absolutely no way I was doing 56, that I haven't been ticketed since 1970, that my speedo has been checked for accuracy, and that I obey the laws. No comment, he just started writing. Asked me to sign where I would accept the charge and promise to send the payment. I told him I'd sign to appear before a magistrate instead. I'll probably lose, but there's always the chance he'll miss the court date and they'll toss the ticket. What a railroad job. My opinion of police just went right down the crapper. This guy is a liar and he knows it. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Crooked cop! 11 years 4 months ago #72327

i had an experience with a county mounty who ticketed me for having a dump truck with passenger plates. told him i retired from my business so i dropped my commercial plates and insurance, removed my business name from the truck, and got passenger plates. he told me it was illegal to have a dump truck without having commercial plates.. so i went to the dmv and told them what happened and they told me it was perfectly legal. went to court and the ticket was thrown out. good luck with yours. ron

Re:Crooked cop! 11 years 4 months ago #72338

Mine involved cop and court. Broad daylight, drove my truck past a squad while wearing my belt, a minute later he's on my tail then bingo lights go on. The stop was for my seat belt, back and forth, w/him saying anyone can put it on after they see him and said there are no breaks for belts orders of the chief. I opted to not pay the 60 bucks and went to court in court I told the judge the last time I was pulled over was '81 and I was a resident of the village and no they are cracking down on belts respectfully saying that I'm not that stupid, and that this happened two blocks away from my home. Unbelievably he dismissed the charge but told me to see the clerk I told him have a good day, only to see the clerk to find out the court costs where 175 bucks!! The judge actually looked at me for a second I left. What a system we have

Norm I no it is no conciliation at all but around here yours would be 375 minimum good luck w/yours

Re:Crooked cop! 11 years 4 months ago #72339

Mine involved cop and court. Broad daylight, drove my truck past a squad while wearing my belt, a minute later he's on my tail then bingo lights go on. The stop was for my seat belt, back and forth, w/him saying anyone can put it on after they see him and said there are no breaks for belts orders of the chief. I opted to not pay the 60 bucks and went to court in court I told the judge the last time I was pulled over was '81 and I was a resident of the village and no they are cracking down on belts respectfully saying that I'm not that stupid, and that this happened two blocks away from my home. Unbelievably he dismissed the charge but told me to see the clerk I told him have a good day, only to see the clerk to find out the court costs where 175 bucks!! The judge actually looked at me for a second I left. What a system we have

Norm I no it is no conciliation at all but around here yours would be 375 minimum good luck w/yours

Re:Crooked cop! 11 years 4 months ago #72347

first off let me start with not all cops are bad,with that said, i too got a speeding ticket that was totaly bogus,i live in pennsylvania,and was going to a boat show in perry,ny,towing a boat and going VERY slow,because we were trying to read the house numbers trying to find our hotel,when i got pulled over,he said i was doing 45 in a 25 mph zone,bull crap i wasnt even doing 25.
he said he would give me a break and get me for not obaying traffic signs,i later found out that if he got me for speeding ,part of the fine would go to the state,but this way the town got it all.

when i told a resident of that town he said this cop busts all out of state plates,he knows your not coming back to fight it.

i had 3 wittnesses with me at the time too,but he still wrote the 185 dollar ticket,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Crooked cop! 11 years 4 months ago #72353

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Well, glad I'm not alone. If this creep spends too much time at the donut shop and misses the court date, they may toss out the ticket. If he shows up it's a pretty sure thing I'll lose and that will add court costs as well. It's not so much the fines, it's the points on my perfect driving record and their effect on my insurance rates.

On the bright side, UPS is due to deliver my new destroyer wheel today. Even a dirty cop can't wipe the smile off my face. Oh boy!

Re:Crooked cop! 11 years 4 months ago #72384

If you can figure out how to get the information out of your GPS unit during the time of the so called infraction? Crooked cop really can't win then, can he ? That way it's not he said you said.
It's his equipment against your GPS equipment ?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8795 guests and one member online