Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones

Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones 13 years 1 week ago #29269

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok, storm nut here...

Just figured I would touch base, and tell you I learned something new today, there are Hurricanes which I am pretty sure you know by now they start out from dust storms in Central Africa and trudge across the Atlantic. Then there are Typhoons, which are just like hurricanes but are slower in there progression development "around-the-world" as an area of interest and become an active "invest" in the Pacific. With both of these they travel against the rotation of the earth around the equator, the closer there are to the equator the smaller they are, as they travel to the North west and travel farther away from the equator the bigger they get.

Well I just had to take a crash course in Cyclones, I was lighting up the Globe when I accidentally check "Active Cyclones" in Google Earth.

to my amazement the Globe drew back and spun automatically to give me the view of a active Cyclone, which at first I figured Japan had another earth quake and the Live Earth Quake got triggered seeing Japan was 1,000 miles away to the north from this green glowing line.

02w currently is just an "Area-of-Interest" or an "invest" and is just like a hurricane and or a Typhoon, except it travels with the rotation of the earth and can become ultra-tropical, it is south of japan and is heading east by North East currently and hopefully will miss Hawaii. But I had to tell you all that to show you this picture, there is 02W, then Hawaii to your right, and Japan to the north, all those yellow and brown spots are earthquakes this past week. If you don't have Google Earth (not Google Maps) it is a free program with allot of interesting apps.
Click on Image to enlarge
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7541 guests and one member online