Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hum, Another...idea !

Hum, Another...idea ! 13 years 2 months ago #24431

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
What would you guys think of a, international internet Boat-Show?

Got to thinking, it could be possible but figuring folks would just put up the same old wax and shine picture that we always have seen, and well open the tubes on that...

but then I got to thinking, what about instead of showing one picture, the IIBS entries would "show" their boat in a slide show, which now they could go with "all" their "wax and Shine" picture or run them in a story board type format from when found...all the restoration to what they consider the best wax and shine...

and to top it, the could add narration, music and or what ever they felt would keep our attention....

Now here's the kicker, their would have to be some kind of entry Fee..but, exactly what that would cover is an award.

award for what?...well, not just the boat but the show that was presented, people would be able to rate it, the boat & the presentation of the show and out of -xx- entries each would get a their level out of the best of all that entered.

this is just something that been tumbling around in that empty spot I got but I think it could be manageable and any one could enter because it wouldn't just be the boat it would be over all the presentation also.

let say we put all the "slide shows" on one "neutral" website for all could enter, keep it up for about 6 months for the show and see how it all falls out?

giving everything, a well used POS classic could rank number 1 depending on the presentation...but still all that participate would get a little something for their efforts.

what you people think could it happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hum, Another...idea ! 13 years 2 months ago #24432

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I think that is a great idea.
If it were kept simple, with just a few easy guidelines, I believe that there would be quite a few entries.
I have never been to a boat show but I assume there are different catagories?. A place for everyone to fit into.
There will be alot of input here, so right off the bat, I am willing to help and enter.
When this takes off, let me know what I can do.
This is going to top the most viewed list for sure.
Again,great idea!
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Hum, Another...idea ! 13 years 2 months ago #24437

i agree, great idea. but i imagine there are quite a few of us that are computer challenged. i don't know how to put a slide show together. although i have done a few videos i don't remember how i done it. learning somethin new at age 64 that is computer related is scary, to say the least.

Re:Hum, Another...idea ! 13 years 2 months ago #24441

i love the idea,but like ron im no computer guy,and im on dial up,but i do like the idea,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Hum, Another...idea ! 13 years 2 months ago #24446

I agree with most here. Being computer challenged also, presentation would have to be excluded. Categories would have to be determined such as glass, alum, and wood. Self or pro restored and maybe by era. Joe

Re:Hum, Another...idea ! 13 years 2 months ago #24469

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
well, the easiest way to make a slide show, with out buying a program to make one is "windows live movie maker" which is on any computer.

Next, it could be a Family project by the entry, where you can grab a teenager to give you a little help to make it.

think of it like a soap box derby in reverse, where the child is helped by an adult making his or her racer, with this the child gets to help the Adult....

Re:Hum, Another...idea ! 13 years 2 months ago #24470

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
john-gibson wrote:

i love the idea,but like ron im no computer guy,and im on dial up,but i do like the idea,john

No big rush john, you can make it and save it to disk and mail it in.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)